We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Princess vs Caribe Club Princess

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Breton
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Tropical Princess vs Caribe Club Princess

Almost ready to book,just trying to decide between the two.Price wise less then $100.00 in the difference.I think both are same property just different section.Tropical Princess being cheaper booking regular room,Caribe booking Superior Deluxe room.so does anyone know if it is worth bookng the Caribe over the Tropical,I can't see anythng different in amenities etc..but would be worth it if room were nicer,bigger,newer..Travelling with 2 adults 2 children ( 9 and 2) any insight would be appreciated !!

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical Princess vs Caribe Club Princess

we choose the caribe club princess over the other one, wasn't much in the price to be honest but there are chances to visit all the a la carte restaurants with the caribe. When are you going?

ontario
Level Contributor
600 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical Princess vs Caribe Club Princess

Caribe Club is worth the extra money.Some of the rooms at Tropical have yet to be renovated and are a bit crude.Also since you will share the same restaurants with these two resorts it is a good idea to check your dining options as they sometimes vary depending on where you stay and what you pay.Punta Cana Princess is right next door as well and is well worth the extra money.It is for adults only.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical Princess vs Caribe Club Princess

well with the kids, PCP is out.

When you book at Tropical you have 2 of the 5 a la cartes included and must pay 8$usd to use each of the other three. So right there, it could be 24$usd each to match services.

Tropical Princess have family rooms also which might be interesting for your family. It has one closed bedroom for the adults, 1.5 baths, 2 tvs, 2 doors to same balcony, one room door, and two daybeds for the kids.

I was in a superior room at Caribe before the renovations and in one of the Villas at the Tropical and I found them to be the same in terms of look and feel. I much preferred the location of the villas. I also had a second floor room with the cathedral ceilings taking away from the hotel room feel.

The resorts are the same, you never know when you are at one or at the other. it is not a mirror image resort.

besides the a la cartes and a renovated room or not, there is no real difference between the caribe and the tropical.

Cape Breton
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical Princess vs Caribe Club Princess

Thanks for the info,Booked the Tropical side,decided to save a few bucks and spend it on a excursion while there,so looking forward to it.Too bad it's so far away May5th,but later is better then never!

5. Re: Tropical Princess vs Caribe Club Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2012, 17:16