We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
halifax
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

I am wondering if my husband can wear sandals to restaurants or does it have to be shoes. Has anyone been asked to leave a restaurant because of their shoes at this specific hotel.?

ontario
Level Contributor
600 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

It depends who is working that night.If they see sandals they will often refuse you entry.You might get away with it but its not worth the inconvenience

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

Hola: I have always worn sandals (nice dress type) at all the 11 resorts that we have traveled too, including PCP. Never have been questioned, but I still pack a pair of dress shoes, just in case.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,304 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

I always use shoes in all a la cartes. IMHO we should all dress up a little when dinning at the a la cartes.

I remember that in 2007 i never saw mens with sandals in the a la cartes, so it's your call...

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

Well, I can't answer for PCP, but we were at the sister resort, Caribe club, and they were allowing men with shorts and flip flops into the evening a la cartes. The maitre d did not look impressed, but he didn't say anything. We wish he would have. We always get a little dressed up in the evenings. Even if we are only going to the buffet. It just makes the holiday a little more special for us.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

We were at the PCP last month and they do strictly enforce the dress code. We saw quite a few guys who were wearing shorts (including long below the knee shorts) and flipflops get asked to go and change........

halifax
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

Thanks for responding everyone, very helpful!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
604 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

Your husband can get away with a pair of ratty, worn running shoes and they will let him in!

Put on a pair of nice Italian leather sandals and he will be refused.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

I think a nice men's "fisherman's sandal" is a great option for a la cartes with dress codes. It's a sandal, and it's closed toe, so fits the requirements.

Something in the style of this....

www.zappos.com/ugg-doheny-fall-tan-leather

9. Re: Mens shoes at Punta Cana Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2012, 14:19