We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pacifica, California
Level Contributor
283 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

Hi.

Just contacted a company (Viator): $52.50 USD round-trip transfers for two. Big bus. Said it will take up to an hour each way. If we do a taxi instead, right from the airport, without any pre-booking, any idea what that cost would be? And would that cut the travel time in half? And/or should we book taxi transfers ahead of time (if that's possible?

Thanks

Ottawa
Level Contributor
596 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

Hazel - Which resort are you staying at? If you look to the right of the screen, you will see a link for Arrivals & Departures & Taxis - it will list the charge for most of the resorts.

If you take a big bus, you could stop at all kinds of resorts along the way.

If you take a taxi, it takes you right to your resort.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

We always book private transportation prior to leaving Toronto - hassle free once you land in Punta Cana - get through immigration, pick up your luggage and find the driver with the sign with your name on it and you are at the resort long before most of the others.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
596 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

We have also used private transfer.

We just got back a few weeks ago and used Blue Travel - it was great - they have a kiosk at the front of the airport. We checked in there and they took our luggage and us directly to a small van. No one else was on, so we had no stops.

Coming back, there was another couple on the small van, so it was really great.

It cost us $30 CDN for 2 people each way. It was an option when we went through our booking process at Expedia.

We have also used Conexion Tour - I think it cost us $40 CDN to go the Bavaro Princess.

Canaan,NY
Level Contributor
160 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

Dominican Airport Transfer is the best and most economical company. I highly recommend them. Have been to the DR many times and this is the only company that I use. They do both private and shared transfers.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

As previously stated the cost of the taxi to each resort is to the right of the screen. As I do not like buses I always get a taxi. I recently stayed at Iberostar Punta Cana. Cost was 38.00 USD each way and it took 15 minutes there and 20 minutes on the return to airport. Head outside of the airport and you will see taxis for hire. Just confirm price before leaving, however I believe it's all regulated and the prices are posted on a board. I was the only person to check in at the desk so in my room within a few minutes. Worth the little extra to me!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

I would recommend IBK Services.

Ridgeland...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

I did not see this company mentioned elsewhere in recent posts, thus does anyone have any feedback on Dominican Shuttles (Capt. Pil. Thomas Karrer)? Got a great price for private shuttle from PUJ to Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and wanted to make sure the company was reputable.

Many thanks. 19 days and counting.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

Trying to get a Airport transfer from Sta. Domingo Airport (Las Americas) to Punta Cana. Noticed one of our fellow travelers mentioned about having a positive experience with "Dominican Airport Transfer ". Noticed their Web site is blank.

Any info on this company.? Perhaps other fellow travelers have another reliable, economical and easy way to get from Airport to Punta cana?

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

We have used VIP transfers on a past vacation and was pleased with their professional, yet friendly punctual services.

Here is info of their services; perhaps you will find it useful

Start your holiday the right way using our Punta Cana transfers

Private Transportation

VIP Travel Services

VIP Travel Services provides representatives in the main airports of the Dominican Republic. They are coached to receive, orientate and give assistance to our clients arriving at the International Airports, of Punta Cana ,Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata and Samana.

Our VIP Travel Service Representatives are trained to provide you with the proper assistance, giving helpful information on the facilities of their Hotels as well as the options of activities and tours available in each area.

We can help you to pre-arrange and acquire from us:

Transportation from Airport to Hotel

A round trip transfer from the Punta Cana Airport to Grand Palladium for 2 adults has a cost of 82 USD in total. Please note that the quote for 4 adults is the same, 82 USD in total. The ride takes around 30 minutes to get there.

Special 10 % discount in our transfer rates for Palladium Addict Members

A round trip transfer van (capacity 1-6 people), has a cost of USD 76

A round trip transfer bus (capacity 7-21 people), has a cost of USD 207

Reservation We will need to receive the information within 1 to 2 weeks in advance to your travel date. Members Please inform us in the e-mail that you are a Palladium Addict!

Procedure for pre-payments:

We need you to fax us a copy (or email a pdf copy) of the credit card to be charged Visa or MasterCard (front and back side) and a letter authorizing payment for the agreed amount. After the payment is processed we will reserve the transfers at the desired date and will send an immediate confirmation. Our fax number is 1-(809) 466 1028.

Contact: Ana Lourdes Villalba | email | VIP Travel Services | 809-466-1002/1101 | groupspujvip@viptravelservices.com | Bavaro-Dominican Republic |

Sightseeing activities VIP Travel Excursions land tours, water sports, swimming with dolphins or sharks, etc

Clarksville
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: simple question about airport transfers to punta cana

Billy, We used www.dominicanshuttles.com for our private transfers in May. They were excellent. Thomas was good at answering our emails, too. I recommend them. On the return, ask to be picked up an extra half hour earlier than what Thomas says he will, so that you have plenty of time before your flight. We just don't like to rush at airports!