We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand questions

Are the oceanview rooms any different than the standard suites? How about the size of the balconies? Do the rooms all have a charger/player for an ipod?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

I believe the rooms are identical; the view is the difference.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

We had an oceanfront so can't comment on oceanview but are balcony was huge with amazing view but we did have and I-Pod station in the room.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

We were in a regular room and the view was great and lots of space out there - a couch a small round table with a couple of chairs and it had a pull out rack for drying bathing suits which was great. I know we played the ipod in our room but can't remember if there was a docking station in the room already or if hubby brought it from home.

NYC
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

Thanx for the responses. My 50 day countdown starts today. Getting myself psyched up for a great experience. Was waffling between IGB and Excellence last year and chose excellence for a better price and no restaurant reservations. Was a little disappointed as there were red flags for swimming 6 of the 7 days (even on the side the water was rough) and the rooms were a bit dated. Went for the extra bucks this year and chose IGB.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

You will love it and if you have any questions what so ever just ask.

Salem, New Hampshire
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

Hi vicvino!--my count down to the IGB is also 50 days!!!--we are flying out from Boston directly to Punta Cana. If all goes well we should be at the hotel by 4 at the latest. This is our first time to PC. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and my 50th B-day...SEE YOU ON BEACH! for some much needed sun and relaxation after all the snow and cold of New England!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

Liza - We were at IGB in November for my 50th - no better place to celebrate! Let them know it's your bday - we did and they put balloons, a cake and champagne in the room. FYI, the cake was chocolate and to die for!

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

I owe you a thanks for that info mom.

We checked in on her birthday and yes all done for her.

Thanks for that tip earlier and forgot to thank you.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

Glad to hear gsdsky! Every day after that, I'd go back to the room hoping for another cake, it was sooo good!

NYC
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand questions

Hey Liza, We are flying out of NYC and should get to hotel for lunch. We had our 25th 2 years ago @ Secrets maroma beach in Riviera Maya (a great place as well!) Looking forward to having a celebratory drink with you. Cheers, V V