We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
5 posts
Save Topic
which hotel???

we have been to the dominican a few times enjoying the iberostar costa dorada the best but that was a few years ago now, we are planning to go again in june but are wondering whats the nicest hotels in the dominican for 2 couples(not that it has t be a couples only hotel) watersports and entertainment is a must and of course good food any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel???

You're bound to get a lot of replies unless you're a bit more specific for likes/dislikes and also, what kindof money you're willing to spend. We've stayed twice at the Gran Bahia Ambar and once at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro and loved both.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel???

I assume you have done some homework on the reviews posted?

Is budget a concern?

I think much like myself we have our own choice as a result of a fantastic time.

My thoughts ride with the Iberostar Grand as can't imagine anything better as it fit us perfect. 2 weeks was toooooo short

Others will have their choices based on as stated above..

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,618 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel???

As has been said people need to know a lot more about what you are looking for in the ideal resort you wish to stay at if they are to give your proper advice

Newcastle upon...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel???

thanks for the message were pretty easy going so not to concerned over dislikes just reall willing to give hotels a try if they have good reccomendations price looking round 1600 per person if that helps, also if anyone can tell us what the iberostar is like lately thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel???

andy: You're from the UK so am wondering - is 1600 in U.S. dollars? Are you planning on going for 1 or 2 weeks? I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro which is adults-only - we paid about $1,700 Canadian per person for 1 week in November (that's including airfare)- not sure what it would be in June and what prices are like from the UK. We did go over to the Iberostar Bavaro and thought it looked very nice and had dinner at one of the restaurants there. Typically gets good reviews and I think is a bit nicer than the other two (Iberostar Dominicana and Iberostar Punta Cana).

Newcastle upon...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel???

entertainment is importent to us also free watersports the likes of kyacking ect excuse the spelling lol and poss golf close by thanks again

Newcastle upon...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel???

its 1600 british pounds or around that price thats for 2 weeks i can actually find iberostar costa dorada for a lot less than that but like i said wishing t find maybe sumthing a little better must admit the grand is starting t look favourable but open t o any advice thanks again

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel???

Hi Andy

I'm desperate to go to the IB' Grand in Dec. Does the £1600 include flights? The only price I can seem to get it for is roughly £4500 however this does include premium flights so taking that off is aroung £3900 ish flying from Manchester with first choice. Where did you manage to find your deal?

We stayed at the IB grand in Mex and we were totally blown away!!! Folks on TA have written reviews where they have stayed at both and say they are quite different. Like you, we have travelled to the DR several times and have have always stayed in Iberostars and loved every one of them but to be honest Andy the Grands are in a different league. They're are quite low key resorts and very very Grand!!! But if you want a bit more action you can always visits the others next door, which is what we did in Mex. But the difference is the folks in the other resorts are not able to access the Grand.

We woud love to go back to the one in Mex but the prices have shot up about £5500 we just cant justify it for 2 weeks, especially in these un-certain times!!!!! Ah well best go buy mi lotto ticket lol.

Many thanks

Mintcharm (Newcastle)

Newcastle upon...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: which hotel???

hi mintcharm thanks for the advice i gather the iberostar costa dorada is a diffrent hotel to the iberostar grand so thats prob why theres such a big price diffrence and of course were looking at june and i presume dec would be more expensive, i got the price through diffrent compare web sites not through any agents and the likes of icelolly.com seem to have a few offers im def gonna look for prices for the grand and see what i can find .. andy

ayrshire
Level Contributor
127 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which hotel???

Andy

We always go to Iberostar Costa Dorada and love it. This year we are thinking of Iberostar Punta Cana. We have friends that have been to ICD over 12 times and they went IPC and loved it. Said it compared to ICD but night time was better as more areas to sit for a drink.