We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

Hi there, any advice from anybody who has stayed at this property? Any tips, restaurant reservations, dress codes, recommended activities/shows etc? Thanks in advance. Anybody going that same week?

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

Going on the same date but staying at the Majestic Elegance.

Flying out of Toronto

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

We just returned from the Colonial yesterday! This is a great resort, beautiful grounds, beach, rooms, etc., and the service is awesome! There are 6 al a carte restaurants and only 2 require reservations... The Gourmet and the Japenese. The Gourmet is the only one that has the strict dress code. We ate at both and both were fantastic. The other al a cartes are walk in, 1st come 1st serve bases. The food was very good at all the places, including the buffet!

The Michael Jackson show was excellent. There's entertainment in both the theatre and the patio bar every night.

The beach is beautiful, but beware, there are rocks in the ocean in the swimming area. Any other specific questions, ask away and I'll help if I can.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

Hi,

I be there as well travelling from the uk between 1st to 21st May. Looking forward to it. Might see you there!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

Brent, I'll keep my eyes open for you at the sister property. Flownaway, unless I absolutely fall in love with the place and move there, I doubt I'll see you. I'm going in March. Lucky you though, 3 weeks! Hope you have a blast!

Thanks a lot Travel4Fun, for all the info. As far as dress code for the Gourmet, will I be OK with a sport jacket and collared shirt, and pants. Bare ankle? Thanks for the warning about the rocks. Is the lazy river awesome?

I went to an all-inclusive a long time ago and I don't remember the tipping protocol. I usually tip chambermaids about $5/night at any hotel, but are we expected to tip the bartenders? The wait staff too, at the restaurants? Ideally if the bars have a fund jar where I can contribute a $10 or so every so often versus fishing for singles or change every time.

We are booked Cameleon club whatever that entails. I hear free champagne bottle, quick checkin, and some other perks.

Terrace Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

You will be fine with the collared shirt and pants, as long as you have closed toe shoes i dont think bare ankles will be a problem.. as for tipping, thats totally up to you, they dont expect it..You are going to have a great time at MC, love the place!!

Cindy :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

Ooops sorry Nick. I thought I read May for some reason. Mehh my bad. Have a great stay and tell us your experiences, good and bad. Cheers.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

Hey,

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort last year. We found building #2, down by the swim up bar, to be the best location and view of the beach. This building faces the long pool....

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

I requested for block 2 so fingers crossed I will be staying there. Im still deciding what to bring. Im thinking of bringing a suit to the Gourmet restaurant. My wife will be dressing up and has bought a few evening dresses. I don't want to be under or over dressed. What do most people wear?

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

You will find that you will be too warm in a suit. While the resort is quite nice, we saw everything from capris to glittering outfits. A nice pair of dress pants and nice shirt will suffice nicely.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Colonial March 7-14 booked!

Sayed at MC last June, did not see anyone wearing a suit ( its not that type of resort) plus you will be too hot.

Some of MC resturants were very relaxed about the dress code, at the steak and seafood resturants people were plain scruffy with no effort at all, looked like they had just stepped off the beach.

Hubby and I like to make a effort in the evening, but the MC had lots of people that did nit

Edited: 24 February 2011, 19:49