We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

Yes, we are returning to Punta Cana. After much discussion, it is just our favorite place to go. While Jamaica in April was great fun, we always talk about Punta Cana. We last stayed at the Excellence which was magnificent but we want to try another resort and this one sounds wonderful. The info we got from those that stayed at the Exellence was so great, that I wanted to see if I can get just as wonderful info from the Trip Advisor community for our latest DR adventure. Thanks in advance and I'll be listening!

:)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

The only Info I can give to You about that Date Sept 18th is that the Fisherman and the Mrs will be next Door, at the Majestic Elegance, for the Fisherman's B-Day which is the 18th, lol.

Happy Travels

and less Rain than we had last Year the same Time during Hurricane Earl.

Mike

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

Morning dawnskye:

What info would you like?

Some of us have stayed at the Grand and some of us are returning.

Let me know what questions you may have and I have posted my review both here on TA and also on Debbie's.

Also I sent you a slideshow of our 2 week stay which may help you as well.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

Hi Mike,

We met up when we were at Steve's bar 2 years ago and my Fiancee and I remember you with a smile. I doubt you recall us as you meet may people but perhaps we can meet up when we go there. A wonderful way to celebrate the birthday! :)

Dawn Skye and Larry

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

WOW gdsky! Your pictures were amazing and answered quite a few questions. We definately will not starve and have plenty to do. It seems a lot bigger than Excellence. Not sure if it is a good thing or not but it will be different. How many of the sister resorts can we visit and what are we entitled to there. Can we eat, drink and see shows there if we want? How about traveling between the resorts, is it walking distance, does the Grand provide transport or do we need to pay to get around? Do vendors on the beach annoy you alot? One of the perks about the Excellence was being a bit remote and not having that problem. I know I will have more questions as soon as Larry digests all the info provided so far.

Mike, we remember you from our last trip with great fondness. Hope we can meet up again since you will be closer and we can celebrate the birthday!

cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
260 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

Hi dawnskye

You have access to all three Iberostars, and can use any or all of the facilities.

All are in walking distance or golf buggys are available at any of the receptions.

Vendors are further along the beach so dont bother you at all.

Roll on 22nd September for another two weeks of sheer indulgence

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

Hey Larry and Dawn,

You will be at the Grand and We will hide at the Elegance.

one thingy is for sure:

I will never ever during any of our Vacations even think about to take the car keys out of da roomsafe to drive to Steve's or any other spot off the Resort.

we will be there only for 8-10 Days and we def will not attend any meetings or do any off resort activities.

heck,

we will do nothing else than very after Midnight Beachwalks, fill da Jaccuzi and hang out all day long in the Patio of the Swimup Suite.

sometimes we leave to get some Food at one of their Restaurants tho, he he.

Mike

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

Heck we'd take a taxi to Steves and don't blame you for not driving. I drive so much here at home that NOT DRIVING is part of my vacation.

Still, if you do want to hang at the resort, we'd enjoy seeing you again but if you want a bit of privacy with the red headed wife (or did she return to black hair, I cannot recall) we don't blame you.

Just wanted to let you know we are around.

Hi Riw,

Perhaps we shall cross paths at the Grand. I am so excited I cannot keep still darnit!!! It might be interesting to see the other resorts but I am hearing that the Grand is so great, I may not wanna leave :)

Edited: 01 March 2011, 02:35
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

ha ha ha,

the Redhead is changing Colors once in a while,

actually it is back to the original Dark Black Head-Outfit, lol

Mike

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

Well, we got our plane tickets so Larry could get his window seat and I can be in the middle. I do not like the window because I hate air travel and the aisle is annoying because everyone passing by. I am so beyone excited!!!:)

10. Re: September 18 to Gran Iberostar Bavaro, Any info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 10:21