We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Golden vs Club Diamond @ Gran Bahia Punta Cana?

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Club Golden vs Club Diamond @ Gran Bahia Punta Cana?

We are booked March 25 at Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana and paid to upgrade to the Club Golden section. The hotel is offering us an "upgrade" to the Club Diamond as we are repeat customers to the chain but didnt clarify what the difference is? Can anyone tell me what is the difference between that section and the Club Diamond? Need to know if we should just stay in Club Golden-do know that is closest to the beach-but what is at Club Diamond?? Any input is appreciated!

Edited: 02 March 2011, 13:47
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Golden vs Club Diamond @ Gran Bahia Punta Cana?

The Cub Diamond basically offers the same amenities as the Royal Golden. The difference is that the Diamond Club guests get exclusive use of the Diamond pool which is centrally located. It is pool #7 on the map. Diamond guests also get to use the Il Capriccio (Italian) restaurant for breakfast and lunch. The Diamond villas are located in the middle of the resort. I suppose a lot depends on whether or not you are beach people or pool people. I like the Diamond club as the Diamond pool is a nice place to sit in the late afternoon after a day at the beach.

You will still receive 4 a-la-carte dinner reservations, free internet, private check in/out which is the same at the Royal Golden.

Take a look at the attached map, the Diamond villas are buildings #30,31,32,33,34. Sometimes 27-29 are used depending on occupancy levels.

worldisround.com/articles/…photo259.html

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Golden vs Club Diamond @ Gran Bahia Punta Cana?

thanks for the info!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Golden vs Club Diamond @ Gran Bahia Punta Cana?

Thanks, I have wondered as well, can anyone tell me the difference between Club Golden and Royal Golden? Is there a difference, or just different names for the same.

25 sleeps left,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Golden vs Club Diamond @ Gran Bahia Punta Cana?

Exact same, just different names. The Diamond section is also know as the Haceinda club.

5. Re: Club Golden vs Club Diamond @ Gran Bahia Punta Cana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:18