We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Royal Golden

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Royal Golden

Can someone help me out here. I've been looking at the map of the section where Royal Golden is and trying to decide a request for room location.

I do want a bacony with ocean view, but looking at the buildings, they look more like facing pool or facing Esmerala and Ambar.

If room location is on back of buidings, am I correct..Do any one these buildings have ocean view?

Mississauga
Level Contributor
816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

annie

The Royal Golden rooms really don't have an ocean view. Some will over look the pool and others the garden view. No matter what view you have, the scenary is fantastic. They are the buildings closest to the beach and main pool. You will only be a 2 -3 minute to the beach.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

Thank you Gary!...can't wait!...I'll take whatever is available then!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

My family and I have already booked for the Punta Cana section but don't think we have the Royal Club. What are the advantages to the Royal Club? Is it possible to upgrade once there?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

Here is a link to the resort's webpage. It has lots of information including the differences in the room catagories.

Some of the differences are location, an extra a la carte dinner, coffee maker in room, etc.

When are you going? If you are going in low season, you may be able to upgrade there, however I would never count on it! Sometimes certain tour operators are assigned a specific block of rooms, we had that last year with Sunwing, and were told we could not upgrade because we were with Sunwing.

Check out the link, look at all the tabs, there is a great 3D map.

bahia-principe.com/BP/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

Thank you for your reply.

I do believe we are with Sunwing as well.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

Building #1 is closest to the beach. Sandwiched b/w El Pescador, the main pool and the Esmerelda and bordering on the beach. Fantastic building for location although anywhere is really great. Been there 3 times in the last 3 years.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

Great thanks!!....was there any problem getting lounge chair in am at beach or pool?...a la cartes, which did you take in?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

At lot depends upon what time of year you go regarding the loungers, usually in December, January and February the towel game is in full effect. If you get to the beach late just be patient, you will find a few loungers you may just have to move them to the area you wish to sit.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

Thanks!!!!!..heading out Apr...can't wait!

10. Re: Grand Bahia Royal Golden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 14:16