We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
325 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro

I have heard a few of the rooms on the lower level are technically swim-up rooms because of their proximity to the pool. Is this true and can anyone tell me which rooms these may be? We are booked for a week in July and would love to know?

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro

These swim up rooms are not connected to the main pool at all.

More like a moat running the length of the rooms who have access to it.

You get to swim with the people next door and those next door to them and so on so more like a group swim. The view from the area is into a hedge dividing the Grand from the Bravo next door.

There are pics on Mr Iberostar Board as well as a map of room numbers.

Hope this helps.

Boston...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Yes they have true swim up rooms, but they have nothing to do with the main pool. They are located on the back side of the main building (not facing the inside of the resort) facing the Iberostar Bavaro. There is a moat running the lengh of this side of the resort. There is a privacy fence between the resorts so it is very private and has direct access to the moat from the room patio. There is also a ledge in the pool/moat to place place lounges. I hope this helps.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
325 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Thanks so much for the responses and advice. These rooms sound great. I assume there is some sort of divider between rooms for privacy? I'll look at the Mr. Iberostar page as well.

4. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 14:16