We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back last night from Ocean Sand

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Back last night from Ocean Sand

Hola everyone,

This resort is great. We had a fantastic time. We were in building 8, 3rd floor, facing the pool (just what I had requested by e-mail). People say it is a big resort, not that big. 5 minutes from lobby to beach. Big is Grand Bahia.

Any questions, I will be happy to answer.

western ny
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

I agree with you it is a nice size resort. we were there last year and are headed back Friday 3/18. can't wait!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

Glad you had a good time. We love the Ocean Blue. It is just big enough with two big pools and easy to manuver.

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

Glad you had a good time. We will be going for our 5th visit on the 25th. We had heard last year when we were there that the rooms were going to be renovated. Did that appear to be the case.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

I was in room 7228 last week. The room was definitely not renovated. The room itself was the only part of the resort we were not impressed with.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

The rooms were not renovated. But they were cleaned every day very efficiently. These ladies work very hard. If did find the bed comfy and the pillows too. Mike's Coffee House is to die for. I was there twice a day for a good cappucino and later for an ice cappucino with caramel.....#22 on the menu. Yummy!

Have a great time to everyone leaving soon. Wish I was back right now.

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

Thanks paulettec for the information. As long as the rooms are clean, I don't need fancy. Hope the food is still as good as in previous trips.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

We found the food very good at the buffet. A great selection and you take what you like. We tried the Mexican and Italian and both were very good and the service was great. I don't know if they do this every week but on Wednesday night I believe in the lobby they set up tables with all kinds of chocolate desserts. They actually had small mountains of dark and white chocolate that you could try. Wow, did not sleep well that night, too hyper with chocolate.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

I agree with paulettec that the rooms were clean, just not recently renovated. We left $2 for the housekeeper each day and she took good care of us. Since there were 3 of us staying in the room, we asked for 3 washcloths the first night. By the last day, she was leaving 10 washcloths. Our shower spewed gallons of water onto the bathroom floor each day so we really wanted extra towels to mop it up, but we couldn't seem to get that message across, due to our lack of Spanish. However she left us cases of water and soda. Anyway, my point is that the room was not fabulous, but we were only there to sleep and shower. Everything else was fabulous....food, drinks, service, etc. Next year, I am definitely adding "Can we please have extra towels" to my limited spanish vocabulary.

scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

Hi can you give me the email address for the hotel.

We are booked on package but would like to try and get good room, is it block 6 pool view we should ask for , top floor.??

Many thanks

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back last night from Ocean Sand

Stayed in building #6 two weeks ago. Great spot. As close as you can get to the beach & pool on that side. Room was comfortable, nice but not opulent. $2 tip to the maid kept the place full of towels and water.

For comparison, Ocean Blue & Sand property is 9 acres - the Hard Rock is 121. Big difference. The tram at OB is a luxury but at HR it's a necessity.