We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A little worried now...

Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A little worried now...

Reading a lot about the Melia being good for "family vacations". I am booked with my girlfriend, both 26 and we do not want to be surrounded by children.

Going March 25, I know the crowd depends on the time that you go, and I have heard nothing but good things about the Melia - but now am a little worried that it is going to be infested with families and kids! Any input is appreciated.

ps - is the mini bar in the room stocked with beers/alcohol?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A little worried now...

Adults only probably would have been your best bet.

Keep it in mind for the next trip. All you can do now is go and do your best to avoid areas that are conjested with kids; or change your booking prior to departure (depending on availability).

Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A little worried now...

bahh that sucks! prob wont be able to rebook.

The resort has excellent reviews though so I guess I am not too disappointed

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A little worried now...

And just to clarify, there are resorts that are all adults only, and there are resorts that have adults only sections. Not sure if the Melia has an adults only section, but there are plenty of other resorts to choose from.

Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A little worried now...

Yes, I know. I have been away every year for several years now. Melia is an excellent chain...never stayed at an adults only and never had a problem.

Too late now, we'll make the best of it.

Thanks!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: A little worried now...

You'll be fine. One side caters more to families and children will congregate at that pool, the other side is more adult and quiet.

In the evenings I don't recall feeling like there was alot of kids around - on the contrary I recall thinking that the layout of the 'avenue' between the two lobbies which was a continuum of bars and restaurants, each different, was a great place for mingling.

It's not adults only, but it's big enough and with the layout you won't feel that it gears strictly to families.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A little worried now...

The good news is that you are missing most of Eastern Canada's March Break but you will be there for Calgary's March Break. I went on a "kid-free" holiday with 3 other mothers a few years back to a resort with lots of kids and since I didn't have to take care of them or eat with them, they didn't bother us in the least. I also think that the Melia is supposed to have a great kids club which should keep many of them occupied. I'm sure you'll still have a great time!

Regina
Level Contributor
302 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A little worried now...

although the resort is great for kids if you stay on the caribe side pool and beach buffet you probably won't see too many as the kids club is on the tropicale side...as for the mini fridge, they do not stock it with beer or alcohol unless you are Royal service, only water and pop...hth...

8. Re: A little worried now...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 03:16