We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive fees question

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
All-inclusive fees question

I will be staying at the Ocean Blue and Sand Club at the end of May. I originally booked the hotel for Saturday to Saturday, however due to flight times & prices, it would make more sense for me to fly in late Friday night and stay and extra night at the hotel. I would not be arriving until after midnight Friday night, however the hotel is telling me that they will charge me all inclusive fee's for Friday, because we are staying Friday night. This seems a bit ridiculous to me. Is this customary practive to charge all-inclusive fees for an entire day even though I will not be there to actually eat or drink anything?

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive fees question

I would expect so. Pricing in my experience has always been based on nights accommodation and does not factor in check out and check in times - I think that would be quite difficult to manage.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive fees question

Yes, that's standard procedure.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-inclusive fees question

Yes i do see your point but the fact is that room will be "reserved" for you and all the privilidges that go with it for the whole day (the all incusive meals, drinks, facilities etc). Its not the hotels fault you are arriving very late

Edited: 15 March 2011, 17:52
Michigan
Level Contributor
111 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All-inclusive fees question

I totally understand your frustration, but there isn't a great way to pro-rate those charges. Even though you get in late at night, there's nothing stopping you from downing a bunch of drinks and grabbing some food. The same could be said for people being gone from the resort for a whole day for an excursion, they do not get any reimbursement for that choice. Though it's tough with your flight time, I think for their peace of mind, it's all or nothing.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All-inclusive fees question

Well, if the hotel is not exclusively AI, can they not just give him the bracelet on Saturday, and let him pay his own way for whatever he uses on the extra day (Friday).

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All-inclusive fees question

Yes you should be charged for the day. They are holding you the room for you. They could rent it out to someone @ 3pm??? Then you would SOL!

When you are traveling @ home when you stop for the night you pay for the room till noon the next day. Check out times are usually noon with check in time being 3pm.

Why would things be different in the Dominican. : )

Happy Travels!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All-inclusive fees question

I don't think you're understaning the OP. Why charge AI for that day? Why not give the option of just a regular hotel booking without the AI bracelet and let him pay per use that day?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All-inclusive fees question

If the hotel is AI why would they even consider charging for a room only, the hotel is a businees and is there to make money.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All-inclusive fees question

According to their website this resort is 24 hr all inclusive so yes the OP could show up at midnight and start eating and drinking. Even if this weren't the case the hotel's business model is AI and fees are structured for that.

I know this sucks. I've lost out with a late flight in the past.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All-inclusive fees question

To the previous poster, read my original post: I said if the hotel is not exclusively AI, they can charge him only a room rate for that extra day.

Edited: 15 March 2011, 21:19