We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week to PCP

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
One week to PCP

We are under a week till we arrive at the PCP. When I first booked the trip, I got a great deal of help from the experts in this forum. Any last-minute suggestions as we prepare for our trip?

1. Any helpful tips about how to navigate the airport?

2. Suggestions for specific restaurants/entrees?

3. Recommendations about the beach and the chairs?

4. Must-take items that people tend to overlook?

5. General comments to make our trip everything we want it to be?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week to PCP

Airport: they will guide you to the right line. Look Pretty because they take your picture for purchase upon your return. After the Customs, turn left, go to one of the luggage belts (usually the one that is marked with your flight number is not the one where your bags will come out!), collect your bags, walk past the security (get checked go to the left, home free to the right), once past them, you cannot take the luggage cart out so take your bags or employ one of the many men offering to take your bags, as you head out toward the right are all the tour operator kiosks. Stop at yours (one person stays with the bags the other goes in line) if you have transport included, ask them which bus number and don't forget to ask where the bus is located because the parking lot is a sea of busses. If taking a cab, they are right there at the exit of the airport.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week to PCP

oops forgot the rest

The fondue restaurant is great if you have a couple of new friends with you. It lets you order two main menu options to diversify your experience.

The Gala buffet was super.

Chairs; go early, when in rome....

Must take: Polysporin eye drops for the salt, sand, chlorine, wind, and hangover itchy scratchy eyes. Bring bandaids - your feet are not used to sandals this early in the season. Don't forget the long pants and closed toe shoes for the gentleman.

General: have fun, go next door to the Caribe Princess for the evening, watch the show and have a stop at the lobby party around 11pm.

Go to el Cortecito (35 min beach walk to the right) stop to shop coffee and rum at the grocery store, Los Pinos Plaza for sarongs and those cool paintings and Cussie boutique for souvenirs different than the usual junk you find everywhere else. These places are all no hassle, reasonable fixed pricing stores. No headaches, no hassle - ahhhh nice experience.

Whitby
Level Contributor
822 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week to PCP

I am sooooo jealous.....my fav resort. The staff are awesome and you will love it, love it, love it there. The shrimp at Le Petite Fondue is delicious....

Have a great vacation.

Sue

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week to PCP

Ditto on what Sue said......

The airport is very easy to navigate so you shouldn't have any trouble, it's one of the best and most efficient airports I have travelled through.

Our fav a la carte is the Mare Nostrum for the lobster entree and we enjoyed the cheese fondue at the fondue a la carte.

Hint: the pop in the mini fridge is in glass bottles and you will find the bottle opener hanging on the bathroom wall (took us forever to find it the first time we were there :-)

There is a bbq lunch served on the beach every other day which is really great - bbq and a fantastic ocean view, it just doesn't get better than that........

Trenton, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One week to PCP

Don't forget your "sippy cup". The plastic cups that are provided suck and don't hold enough beverage. Our favourite resort. Returning April 19th. Have fun.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One week to PCP

Keep the beach chairs warm for us....... We are heading back for our 7th visit to the PCP on April 21st. Send me a PM if you have any specific resorts questions that I can help you with.

Cheers!

Vicki

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One week to PCP

No more pics taken at the airport.................I guess no one bought them.

8. Re: One week to PCP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 00:16