We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SSC Ok... do they or don't they?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
SSC Ok... do they or don't they?

I've gotta pack this weekend. I read a few posters saying #1 - men must wear long pants at dinner at all restaurants and others say they don't have to. SSC site says "causal" (not needing long pants) at Wok outside and at a couple of other restaurants, presumably outside seating. #2 - free internet in room - yes or no? Have you experienced it yourself?

Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,620 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SSC Ok... do they or don't they?

Hi

I presume you mean Secrets Sanctuary and if so men need to wear long pants/trousers to all the restaurants in the evening.

Last summer they did relax the dress code a bit but since November last year they put it back to where it should be - there website is slightly wrong and it should read casual elegance as per

http://www.amresorts.com/dresscode.htm

Yes there in free internet in the rooms

Edited: 19 March 2011, 16:48
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SSC Ok... do they or don't they?

also closed toed shoes. There were some men wearing sandals but the toe was closed.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SSC Ok... do they or don't they?

I was there in February and men could wear shorts to the Wok because it had outside seating. When we arrived there was no outdoor seating available. My husband had shorts on and they told him he could not wear inside. He was all set to go back to the room to change when the hostess offered him a pair of brand new linen pants still in their packaging. They were really nice and they fit him perfect! One of the many things that impressed us about SSCC!

Ontario
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SSC Ok... do they or don't they?

Thanks to all of you.

5. Re: SSC Ok... do they or don't they?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:16