We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

Hi All..

I have been to DR one time years ago and stayed at the Iberostar PC and didn't care for it at all. However, I know there are some new better resorts in the DR. Because I love the beaches so much there I am thinking of going back.

Any idea's of which resort people like better? Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

Thanks!

Tara

PHILLIPSBURG
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

I think you will find lovers of both resorts. I am a lover of the Hard Rock. Going back in less than 3 weeks! The beach is one of the best in the world but the surf is rougher...think Cancun. So if you like really calm water Hard Rock isn't the place. But if you love the beach and want the choice of several pools, this is the place for you!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

Thank you! It does look great and I am looking for a GREAT BEACH! Any recommendations on room selection? I would like a ocean front/view but I heard that the shape of the resort is strange so I am nervous about not getting what I book.

Thanks!

Tara

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

Tlynn the price between your two options may be high. Also the demographics may differ as well.

I stayed at the Grand and loved it.

You do have the option of ocean view and also there are 12 ocean front rooms. These 12 are at a higher price point as well.

Beach was great and if you needs pics from ocean front room just let me know ok.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

Thanks for the tips gsdsky. Yes, the Grand seems alot more than the Hardrock which surprises me because the HR looks nicer and is newer. What did you like about the Grand? Decisions..Decisions..

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

This is just my opinion but I don't think the Hardrock looks better than many resorts in P.C. That concrete behemoth does nothing for me and ascetically speaking would be at the bottom of my list of where I'd like to stay in P.C.

Amenities wise it's obviously another story but I can't get past the above.

-Brugal

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

I have never been to the HR so can't fairly compare the two Lynn.

The grand suited us perfectly for our needs at that time.

I did send you a response in your message folder on TA.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

Iberostar Grand Bavaro is my fave resort but I also like to keep trying new resorts. I have thought about checking out HR as I I have been to three Palace resorts in Mexico and the Palace chain is up in my top 5. What keeps me away from HR is kids. IGB is adult only and that is worth paying more IMO

8. Re: Iberostar Grand VS Hard Rock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:16