We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Trip with Kids

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
THe Sunny 305
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Family Trip with Kids

Hello TA Forum,

We want to travel to PC in July but are not quit sure what resort to choose. We have 2 daughters ages 5 and 8 which will be traveling with us. I have read about Dreams, others have mentioned Paradisus and The Excellance. I just want to be able to go to a nice resort with good food and fun stuff for my girls to enjoy.

All information will be really appreciated!!

Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Trip with Kids

We are going to Dreams Punta Cana tommorow with our kids so I can let you know how it was when I get back. We have also been to the Paradisus Punta Cana with the kids and they had a fabulous time.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Trip with Kids

We just returned from Dreams Palm Beach - haven't done a review yet but there's a bit of a summary in this topic. My son is 7 and he had so much fun and the kids club staff were great. That being said, however, it wasn't a favourite for my husband and I (didn't like the rooms and the seaweed on the beach) so I doubt we'd go back. We were debating between Dreams Palm Beach and Dreams Punta Cana, but were nervous about the fact that the ocean is rougher at DPC than at DPB where it was very calm. By the way, the Excellence is an adults-only resort.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k43268…

Lake Ridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
448 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Trip with Kids

Have you checked out Club Med? They are running a family special right now. We took our three kids twice to ClubMed in Cancun, and are going for the first Time to PuntaCana in June. ClubMed was absolutely awesome for the family!! I have a great travel agent who got me a better rate than what was advertised and she specializes in CM only, and has been to aal of them. Lmk if you are interested, I could pass on her info :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Trip with Kids

I second Club Med. We went twice with kiss roughly the same ages as your daughters, and everyone had a good time.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Trip with Kids

You could also look into the Melia Caribe Tropical. Great kids club and enough choices for the adults.

THe Sunny 305
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Trip with Kids

The info would be great...thanks

7. Re: Family Trip with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:23