We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to go?

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
best time to go?

when is the best and the quietest time to go to this area

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time to go?

in some ways thats easy to answer, ANYTIME. but if you break it down into things you want, ie really hot...............then Dec and Jan would not necessarily be really hot, as it is their winter just as it is ours, but it would be better then home! the different months have different weather patterns, some seasons are more windy and the ocean is rougher. Also there is the price is that a factor for you? We have been in early Dec, early Feb, end of June and end of Sept and have enjoyed all our trips, as for quite the off season is the quietest but then the resorts will often close sections and restaurants to accommodate the lower numbers of guests, since we travel to a large resort ( 1800 rooms) it is large enough that it never feels crowded even when its at capacity although we do notice a difference in the towel game when we go at high capacity times. We really loved our sept trip and are looking at late sept early Oct again this year, prices are great, its very warm and the resorts are fairly quite, downside is its hurricane season, but PC is not usually affected much ( we did have more rain then on other trips)

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time to go?

The best time is not the quietest!

The 2nd cheapest time is before xmas or after New Years. The cheapest is Sept/Oct/Nov because it is said to be hurricane season. I got rain in November others have great weather, so it depends on Mother Nature.

I usually go in January toward the end, the prices are good and the weather except for one visit has been great.

I did go one time the week after Easter, the price was great and the resort was empty til about Thurday, we were leaving Sunday.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time to go?

we have booked for the first 2 weeks of march next year

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,077 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time to go?

Just got back last night, from my second March trip. We didn't have but a few raindrops one day... not even enough to make me move my beach chair. Wind was brisk though... a steady strong breeze, pretty much all day. Air temps were hot, so if the sun wasn't tucked behind a scattered cloud, it was plenty hot. But, if a cloud or two did roll through, the wind made it a bit chilly. If you tend to be a pool person, the wind would not effect you, as there was no wind, as soon as you moved back from the beach.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,349 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best time to go?

Best tme????? Look out your window, is it snowing?? then that is a good time.

BObK

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best time to go?

Best time to go price wise and quietest time in October.

7. Re: best time to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 13:18