We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

Hi everyone,

We will be flying to DR on July 15th and stay there for 2 weeks. We can't choose between those 3 hotels (NH Royal Beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand). Any of you who has been to one of those hotels, or maybe to all three of them?

We are a couple at the age of 33. We enjoy nice food, beautiful beach, some luxery, relaxing, a nice room, .....

I hope someone can help us choose.

Thanks a lot.

Sollie

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

We have stayed at Barcelo Palace (3 years ago so things have changed) and Iberostar Grand. Cannot..absolutely cannot compare the two. Iberostar is pure luxury...quiet with a refined clientelle.

Bavaro Palace is not.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

I agree with oceangirl, we have been to Barcelo and The Grand and there is no comparison I would not return to Barcelo but am planning a repeat to the Grand. Not even close to being on par with one another. NH is changing to Secrets so for now it is anyone`s guess how it will compete with Iberostar Grand Bavaro. I have been to Secrets Maroma and though it was a great resort I still prefer The Grand. Personally for a two week trip I would choose two resorts and spend a week at each. That`s just me though as I get bored after a week. I would suggest one week at The Grand and another possibility would be Secrets Sanctuary for a week. I haven`t been to Secrets Sanctuary but am researching it myself for a future trip.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,976 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

I just returned from a week at NH-Royal Beach, but haven't been to either of the other two on your list. As much as I loved my week at NH-RB, I don't think it's considered in the same league as IBGrand... which is also clearly evident by the difference in price.

Personally, I wouldn't turn down a week at IBG... but I sense it's not a good fit for me. So much about what we look for in a resort is about personal taste. Glitz, glamour, marble, chrome aren't key features I look for in a Caribbean beach resort vacation. I'm a more casual person... give me the tropical florals and wicker.

I like the idea of a week each at two different places...

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

poozie,

Believe me when I tell you that you would enjoy the Grand. It's quiet but elegant. You couldn't help but enjoy yourself. And you can walk over to the Bavaro for some excitement in the late afternoon...or head to the jacuzzi by the pool at the Grand about 4:00 PM and by then, even the quiet people have a buzz on....LOL!

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,976 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

Oceangirl... like I said, I wouldn't turn down an IBG vacation. You offering??? ;-)

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

sure! just saying don't scratch it from your list just yet. Those quiet folks can be fun after 4:00...

Now the price tag is another story...we got a kick a$$ deal and definitely got our money's worth..but as I said, quiet.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

Quiet after 4pm ? hmmmmmm

Must be the time of year you go or who your with...

2 weeks at the Grand not a problem and give you the chance to meet more people. North Americans it seemed went for 7 days or less were Europeans went for 14 days or longer.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

Next time we'll go with you!

and poozie you can come as well!

Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

Thanks a lot for your advice. I think we will choose the Iberostar.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NH royal beach, Barcelo Palace Deluxe or Iberostar Grand????

Great choice.