We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

I am looking at the wine list for the Grand Bavaro and was wondering if any of you lovely folks had a bottle of wine from the All-inclusive list that you could recommend.

Any recommendations would be great. I have been researching these wines all morning and I cannot find information on some of them.

Thanks in advance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

Bumponi

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

since noone answered...

we stayed at the Grand Paraiso in February...not sure if they have the same wine list but I believe they do.

They are in the process of changing the wine list...I believe they are scaling it back...just a hunch.

We enjoyed Castelle Torre Cab Sav (Italy)

Casa del Diablo (Chile) Cab Sav....I may have spelled thing wrong

Santa Rita 120 (Chile) Merlot

Maison Nicolas (France) Cab Sav

We also enjoyed a delicious Savignon Blanc but I can't for the life of me remember the name. I wouldn't be surprised if they only carry one SB so it should be pretty easy.

Have a wonderful time! It's a beautiful and romantic resort! We stayed there in 2009.

Edited: 26 March 2011, 21:56
Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

Not a big wine drinker but did see lots being consumed and wish I could help you.

But they do serve a mean chilled presidente on the beach which I would love right about now.

What I have read is to ask for a wine list and not except what is served.

Enjoy.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

I saw online that the diablo wines were good, so I'm glad that you liked it. Thanks for the recs.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

While not having yet gone to IGB, I have been to Excellence and while I would not call them GREAT wines, I found everything quite drinkable without any problems. The brand I consumed was mostly Frontera, which I think is Agentina or Chile..I cannot recall but it was certainly adequate.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

Fronterra is quite a nice very moderately priced Cab Sav! Savignon Blanc is great as well. Certainly very drinkable if you are staying at Excellence!

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

Yup, it is a good all purpose table wine that, while not the most complex, I think most would like it just fine. Wine, like food, is very subjective and everyone's pallete is different. It is very difficult to find wines to please everyone but that particular Vinter does a pretty good job.

8. Re: Iberostar Grand Wine List Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 20:17