We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

Just a tip I thought I would share for the gals that don't want to take a purse with them when venturing out (to the discos).

Take an old style glass case, the kind the glasses just slip in, and have a plastic clip on the side. Cut it just below where the clip is, roughly in 1/2. Take it to a shoe repairman and have them stitch where you cut it. You now have a mini pouch that can hold id, money, a small lipgloss, and room key!

I slip this into the underarm area of my dress/top and the clip stays on the outside. It is out of the way, easily accessible, and there is no worry of theft.

Hope this helps!

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Travels!

Boston...
Level Contributor
100 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

Or you could buy a small clutch bag and tuck it under your arm. Sounds like way too much effort.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,743 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

I think it's a great idea! Where did you find the old style cases? I have a sewing machine, so I can do that part myself. Can clip it to the inside of my waistband of my skirt or shorts too. I don't like carrying a purse anytime on vacation.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
785 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

can go redneck style and instead of sewing the edge just decorate with duct tape!!

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

puppaluvsmama......no, it is not much effort at all. And you only have to do it once and then you have it.

My point was not to have anything to worry about being set down and stolen, more at discos. It is difficult to dance salsa with a clutch tucked under your arm. I like to be free of anything on my wrist, or in my hand, or clutched somewhere that's all.

I have seen toooo many people have a couple drinks and forget their purse. Or worse, have it stolen. I was just offering a friendly suggestion.

calgary
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

What a great idea!

Regards,

Debra

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,684 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

not sure if i'm picturing quite what you are talking about but how about those neoprene cell phone slip type pouches they sell at Dollarama, they also have clips on them?

Edited: 27 March 2011, 23:31
Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

debinatore....not sure if I have seen them. I wonder, would they be large enough to hold room key, id, and money?

murillo
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

Just put your stuff in your husbands pockets, he won't even mind if you get it ?

ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't want to take a purse out at night......try this.....

Yeah, cause its not like we end up carrying alllll of the hubby's crap in our bags or anything. Or that might just be me.....