We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Paradise Bavaro

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Paradise Bavaro

does anyone know the email address to the above hotel and is Building 9 a good place to stay...? any suggestions... counting down only 14 days to go.... and hubby still does not know he is going away for his 50th birthday....

Shelburne, Ontario
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

As far as I am concerned building 9 was the best place. Ask for even numbers because they look out to the gardens and pool. The odd numbers look out to the back of the resort, which is nothing but bush and a road. The rooms at the end, say 9140, 9138, etc. are close to the tram pick up station and the swim up pool. You can walk under cover the other way to the buffet in the middle section which we always found to have great food. I do not know the email address. There are a lot of so so reviews on this resort but we found it to be a more than satisfactory one (other than the hot water issue). You are surprising your husband I gather - lucky man for sure. The spring breakers should all be gone now and the weather will be hot. Enjoy!!

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

We just returned from the Grand Paradise and stayed in building 9. Room 9218, which was a junior suite with a flat screen TV and king size bed. Nice sized balcony looking over the pool. I have an e-mail address for jpillier@amhsamarina.com. I had contacted Juan just prier to our departure and received a speedy reply. The resort was very good value for the money. We did experience some gastro upset within our group of 10. I would pay close attention to food choices and make sure you take pepto bismol with you. Some people recomment taking one every day and find it tends to prevent any problems. We also had some powdered Gatorade with us and really helped one of our friends to come around. She was getting dehydrated quickly. The resort is very well cared for and the staff are very friendly if you take the time to talk to them and recognize how hard they work. Enjoy!

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

thanks so much for all the info.... that is great and yes cant wait to get there...do you know if they have a bank machine on site...?

Shelburne, Ontario
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

I believe I saw one in the main lobby at the far end of the counter. I am not a fan of a bank machine in third world countries. I have read on various forums about scams at the bank machines in the lobbies of resorts. We just take US cash and a Visa or MasterCard for an emergency. We have used our Visa for booking trips through reputable travel representatives at the resort and had no problems. We take between $400 and $500 for a week and always bring home lots. Put your cash in your safe in your room and just carry a bit on you!!

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

Thanks will take your advise.....

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

Hi there,

I have tryed that address but it comes back it does not look like an email address do you have any other..?

Montreal
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

i stayed in building nine room 9214 very very nice.. corner room, flat screen, comfy beds with plenty of pillows, hot water everyday(sometimes warm but showerable lol) and patio looked out over garden/swim up bar, the only issue was fridge didnt work but kept ac so low it kept water cold

hope you can grab a room there..

enjoy your trip

Edited: 29 March 2011, 09:55
Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

thank you we will do... but still looking for the email address hope someone can get it for me as I have looked and cant find it....

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

I sent an email to this address this morning:

infobavaro@amhsamarina.com

The first address I tried came back as undeliverable but I haven't had this one returned yet (or a reply, but I don't really expect one.)

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Paradise Bavaro

I emailed the same address 3 weeks ago.......still no reply. I just called them a couple days ago and spoked with reservations with my requests. I got a very friendly lady who could speak fairly good English.