We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

I belive there are two pools at the RCB. Are both pools, including cabanas, available to all guests?

I had this thing that the infinity pool was only available to those who had a swim up suite

Thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

Yes, both pools are for all guests at CRB. The cabanas at the infinity pool get taken really early. So you do have to play the towel game for these. We saw available chairs with palapas all during the day at the swim up pool. Chairs also available with or without palapas at the beach all day. Towel game if you want a palapa close to the water at the beach.

Rip

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

Oh great... towel games!

R we talking 6am jobs? Please no!

So infinity pool is without the swim up bar is that right?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

If you insist on a palapa right on the first row then yes you're looking at 6 am or worse. However, there are usually plenty of chairs available and lot's of shade on the beach. Just drag your chairs wherever suits you. The infinity pool is the one overlooking the beach. There is a bar and Sea Blue restaurant immediately beside it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

6am.........really??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

It is like this at every resort I've been to. Fortunately CRB has many palapas and plenty of natural shade. We never got involved with towel games and always found a shady spot even at 9 AM.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

That's why we like the look of the executive pool suites :-) Marg, if you get a chance when you are there in June I think it is, could you scope out these villas and let me know if they get any sun on the pool/deck area. I'm hoping so as I'm a lizard and would love to lie on the deck and soak up the rays :)

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

They have a Westerly exposure so plenty of sun mid morning to late day. Of course the Infinity Pool is directly in front of them so the early morning sun can be captured there as well.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

Fantastic - sounds perfect..............

coboconk
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

We stayed in the bavaro side in March and found chairs under palpas as late as 8 am. and noticed some available at mid-day. That was at the main pool.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Catalonia - Pool Question

We were there in January. Generally no problem finding a shady spot on the beach, lots of palm trees that you could drag a lounger under. Biggest problem on the beach was a high percentage of the lounge chairs were broken. You could find shade easy enough, finding a chair that was in one piece was challenging at times.

Infinity pool, sometimes challenging to find shade but could generally find an umbrella that you could drag to where you wanted it to be. We got into the canopied double loungers by the infinity pool a couple of times. Both right around noon when we were having lunch at the Sea Blue, so got a little lucky there.

Finding a shady spot by the pool closer to the lobby could be challenging. Part of the problem was that people would just abandon their towels on the loungers and leave. I guess on the Royal side people were not concerned about turning in or exchanging their towels. We did golf a lot in the mornings so our experiences were right around noon. Did notice people playing the towel game but as we were leaving to go golfing around 8AM there were still shady spots available.