We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from airport to Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana....

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Getting from airport to Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana....

Hello,

I was just wondering what the best way to get to the resort is?

We are getting in around 3pm, so it isn't a weird time or anything, but is it easy/cheap to get to the resort if I just wait and hire a car at the airport, or is it better to just book something ahead of time?

I have never been to the area, but have traveled around latin america before and feel comfortable with it.

It might be nice to have a limo waiting or something... anybody have a good company to book ahead of time with?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from airport to Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana....

the cheapest way is to grab a cabby at the Airport,

it is just a 15 minutes ride to the Sanctuary, costs around $30.- one way for up to 4 persons.

Happy Travels

Mike

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from airport to Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana....

If you do go for car rental then the best prices are found online (rental costs considerably more when booking at the airport) Go with a reputable rental company with full insurance coverage.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yumi

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from airport to Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana....

I wanted to be sure that someone would be there, waiting for us, upon arrival. I booked conexiontours.com and the driver was there waiting and took us directly to SSCC. THey gave me a receipt with our pickup time for the return to the airport and were there promptly. You pay them in cash upon arrival to the DR.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from airport to Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana....

for the short Hopp from the PC Airport to the neighboured Cap Cana Property a presheduled Transfer is not needed, the cabbies are always there and the 15 minutes max transfer Time is most Time spent from the Cap Cana Maingate 4 minutes aside the airport to the Secrets on the more Back Side of the Large Cap Cana Property.

Happy Travels

Mike

5. Re: Getting from airport to Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 19:16