We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The food menu at Cat Royal

What do you guys think of the food menus that have just been posted , personaly i love them , im counting down the days until i start to tuck in to that great sounding food . I picked this resort for the beach but the food could be the number one attraction . Bring it on .

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

In all our travels to the DR we have found that what sounds good on a menu may not be the same thing that you end up with. Quite often they have to substitute items from season to season. Caesar salads are one that we have never found anything like what we have here! My friend ordered a shrimp dish once at a resort (not the Cat) and they had run out of shrimp so they substituted Tuna. Didn't even tell him they were doing it. He was not impressed.

That is not to say we have not had some very good meals at some resorts but do be aware that what is on paper may not be what ends up on your plate.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

hope we see you there

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

gaza, reviews for the food are generally really good. It's not normally one of the complaints though there was one dilly of a review where the person claimed there was nothing good on the menu and they lived on bread and fruit for the week. I'm not quite sure what they must eat at home.

Not all our meals were great but they were certainly good. A few were outstanding. This is the tops you can expect at an AI, but you already know that. New Yorkers should never go to an All Inclusive expecting top cuisine yet that is exactly what some do. They are setting themselves up for a fall.

Cat Royal is a Spanish hotel chain. Up until recently the majority of their guests were from Spain. Their executive chef was Spanish. Of course there will be a European/Mediterranean influence in the food. They've tried their best to accommodate many different tastes from England to France to Germany and increasingly North America. By a large margin most food complaints come from a few (I do mean a few) Americans expecting to dine like at home.

Take some looser fitting clothes, you'll need them. :-)

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

Marg , im way a head of you on that one , elastic waist bands might come into play me thinks .....lol

Wales
Level Contributor
188 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

I expect that with all that fab food I will end up needing to wear kaftans!

Roll on Cat Royal on May 20th

ottawa, ont.
Level Contributor
853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

The food is definetly different than at home, I like that, who wants to travel and eat the same food they do at home? they served the hamburgers with a fried egg on it, we thought it was a little odd but it tasted great, since that trip my husband always fries a egg for his burger....

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

Currently dieting like crazy, to look my best in my Bikini AND to enjoy myself and indulge!!

Those menus rock roll on 15th May.....

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

What you guys dont have egg burgers over there , wow that supprises me , we do , its been on the menu over here for years , i dont have them as the burger with cheese is enough for me but when im at the Cat try and stop me .....lol as i said before elastic waist band on your trousers does the trick .

Whats the best way to serve the lobster , i normally have it with garlic or regular butter , any other ideas ?

Happy holidays guys and a happy Easter .

Gaza

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

We have burgers with an egg here! They have them at a couple of places, one is "Steak n Shake" and the other is "Red Robin". They are really good too!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The food menu at Cat Royal

I'm not sure if they still put the egg on. Many North Americans complained and said yuck. Ask for it and they will add an egg for you. I liked the egg on my burger.

BTW, I noticed they now have crashed egg and fries on the breakfast menu. Is this British? I had a friend in collage from England and she showed me this dish. It is yummy. I will definitely have it when at Cat Royal. You can't get that in Canada.