We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestics or Iberostars or Grand Palladiums ?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Majestics or Iberostars or Grand Palladiums ?

Hi all,

First time to Punta Cana, so I need lots of help in picking an AI resort that works for my family (4 with 2 teens 14 & 16). The resorts I had my eyes on are the Majestics up north, Iberostars (somewhere in the middle) and Grand Palladiums further south. What area would you recommend if mom & dad want to find great white sandy beaches with some shade (we've come to the right place for this, right ?) while the teens want to stroll the street vendors, gift shops as night activities ?

Any other suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestics or Iberostars or Grand Palladiums ?

Those are all solid choices. For the kids to stroll off resort Palladiums would be closer.

The way the Palladiums are set up, you might not find it ideal to keep an eye on the kids. the sports court section is deep into the resort and far from the beach. ie you couldn't be on the beach and expect to have them close by to keep half an eye on them.

Consider Ocean Blue/Sand - bowling alley, rock climbing wall, good location, great beach, beach vendor huts next door, american diner, coffee shop for you etc.

Iberostars are always a hit with teens and they tend to be a more active experience.

2. Re: Majestics or Iberostars or Grand Palladiums ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 20:16