We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

Going to Ocean Blue in June and as have never been to DR or on an all inclusive

How much is a reasonable tip? Take it you use US dollars? read on here about tip maid wil get your mini bar filled etc but what about bar staff? waiting staff in restuarants?

any useful tips on tipping please LOL

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

We normally take $300 in $1 dollar bills , tip the maid $2/$3 a day , same in the door of the mini bar . then tip a couple of dollars here and there at all the bars and restaurants each day . $300 last us 2 weeks that way . also take bars of galaxy they love it

england
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

Whatever you can afford...

Sparky

Shelburne, Ontario
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

2mjw - what is galaxy. I like to take gifts for the maids as well as leaving money, such as rubbermaid, tea towels, whatever I see on sale during the year that I think they will like.

england
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

Galaxy is the 2nd best chocolate in the world... :-) After Cadburys.. lol

Sparky

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

yeah , right Sparky ,Dream on lol

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

Galaxy is made by Cadbury's sparky!

I just read another thread and notice a post by you which appears to giving me the honours for something I know nothing about, unless I was reading it wrong.

Please enlighten me

7. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 13:41
8. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 20:02
england
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

Eternal you read it wrong...

I said that I was convinced that the person responsible for all the deletions was from this side of the pond but that it wasn't you...

Why your name "popped" up ...Mmmmm I wonder :-)

By the way didn't realise Cadurys and Galaxy were made by the same company. But what that's got to do with my comment is beyond me..

Never said anything about manufacturers. Just 2 brands of chocolate which are distinctly different.

Sparky

scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tips - what is normal in AI hotel

Hey guys don't fall out over chocolate on my post !!! I thought galaxy was made by Nestle but hey coud be wrong

Why would you take school supplies? - I woud feel a bit akward giving "gifts" to staff .......who is to say that is what the person working in hotel would want? Its seems a litte bit superior to assume workers would want the left overs or to assume know what people from other cultures would want. I know when I worked as waiting staff in thepast here in the Uk I would be insulted this. So I will leave money

Thanks for advice