We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do any members of TA

ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Do any members of TA

receive upgrades/perks/flights/freebies for their reviews and/or comments on forums? I've noticed a few posters who travel very frequently, to high-ish end resorts. Just wondering how appreciation is shown to them, and if they feel it is fair and prudent to disclose such when they are reviewing/advising. Because I would think the abilitly to remain impartial is somewhat compromised?

england
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do any members of TA

:-) What do you mean..Lol

OK I hold my hands up ..We do get the same room every time...

Sparky

Edited: 05 April 2011, 21:45
ontario
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do any members of TA

I've just been wondering, thats all. Not pointing any fingers, just a general question..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do any members of TA

Well said, starry. I totally disregard anything that some folks post. Unfortunately new folks to the forum don't know the history.

NO person can be unbiased when they repeatedly receive some extremely high end perks, perhaps even free accommodations at times. That's only human nature. Such persons receiving these things are in effect paid agents of those resorts despite the fact they may not be on the payroll as such. It is a very sneaky way for the resorts to advertise. IMHO

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do any members of TA

I got a bottle of Brugal and some Brugal glasses on my last trip to Elegance. It was very nice of them but I don't feel it influenced my opinion on the resort.

-Brugal

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do any members of TA

OK, I'll fess up. I sent a copy of my review from our last PC visit both to TA and to the resort itself. In my note to the resort I thanked them for the lovely hospitality and named a few individuals who had made the trip truly memorable. About a week later, I recevied a lovely email from one of the employees who I had praised in my note to the resort - he let me know that he had received some award for employee of the month. He promised us free drinks next time we came down - does that count as a perk?

C

england
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do any members of TA

Maybe that's a "bandwagon" we should all jump on...

Wait a minute, I forgot we can't, we got "scruples"..

Sparky

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do any members of TA

We receive a bottle of rum and a fruit basket. A repeat guest dinner on the beach with all the other repeaters, other than that we pay for what we get.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do any members of TA

I like rum but it would take a lot more than that to "buy" me. LOL

murillo
Level Contributor
6,322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do any members of TA

We asked for an upgraded room this year , but they had none,No biggy, we booked an elegance swim up room in the club section and we got it.We met another couple last year and for their 2nd year returning recieved a nice upgraded room, wow, and again this year , with a free dinner on the beach. We got to walk by the fisher suite.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do any members of TA

Bugs, LMAO!

I, too wrote a nice letter after staying at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso in February and named several outstanding employees that went above and beyond to make my husband's and my vacation outrageously special. I felt it was warranted. Do I expect special privileges because I have stayed with Iberostar on numerous occassions? NO! Do I enjoy a lovely bottle or two of my favorite over the top brand of tequila left in my room as a gift? HECK YA!!!! Do I love hugs and the many gestures of friendship we received from the staff when we returned? YUP! But I have always enjoyed my stay at Iberostar...if I didn't, I would have no problem reporting the truth!

Is Iberostar for everyone? I guess not......I can't imagine who wouldn't enjoy themselves there..but there have been perfectly nice places that my husband and I have stayed that we didn't enjoy.

To each their own.

Personally, I appreciate the wonderful people on TA that report on their experiences, whether they are the recipients of "special treatment" or not. After all, aren't we all the "victims" of special treatment when we repeatedly return to a certain brand of resort?

That is what life is all about.

Loyalty and integrity.

Our TA friends that assist others with their questions about a particular resort brand do so, I believe, with integrity.

Thanks to you folks who enjoy helping the rest of us figure out our next great adventure!

Oceangirl

xoxoxoxo