We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
2 posts
Save Topic
2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

I'm thinking about going to the Iberostar Bavaro the week of April 24 with my brother.

I'm wondering if this is a good place to stay for two guys in their mid-20s. Is there anyone else on these boards staying around the same time around our ages?

I don't want to be staying at a place that's mostly families or retirees.

I also want a place that has plenty to do. The pictures of this place made it seem like a good choice.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

We stayed at the Grand a couple of weeks ago but I did walk through the property and on the beach. There seamed to be a lot of families. I did hear the club at this property was lively. That's all I can offer on this resort thanks

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

Good to know, thank you.

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

What's wrong with retirees. they might supprise you and give you a good run for your money .......lol

IMO i have always found its good to have a really varied age group of people to mix with , we normaly meet people who are a good bit older than us and we have a blast , its good to mix n match .

Have a great vacation .

Gaza

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

Well, PC in general probably isn't the best destination for a couple of young guys.......maybe the Majestic Colonial.....but generally PC is frequented by couples, honeymooners, retirees or a ton of families with kids, especially in April when many school have spring break.

Just my personal opinion, but if I was your age (again), I would head to Mexico - Cancun or Playa del Carmen....you would find guests with more in common with you.

Sorry to dissapooint.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

Or look into Cabarete on the north coast - a surfer town with loads of very lively night action on the beach. 30 minutes from Puerto Plata airport. However there is not much in the way of big all inclusives there. Plenty of smaller hotels and condos for rent. And plenty of off resort dining options for all budgets.

http://www.activecabarete.com/lodging/

Have fun!

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

My sister, friend, and I are in our mid 20s staying first week of may at the vik cayana beach . . .

7. Re: 2 guys in mid-20s staying at Iberostar Bavaro in late April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 22:18