We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Presidente Beer

Moncton New...
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Presidente Beer

I wanted to buy 24 cans of presidente at the duty free shop but could not find it. Where can I buy it at the airport? If I buy it before the airport i would have to put it in my checked luggage which would be heavy for the scales.

any advice!

Nana:)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Presidente Beer

We bought our tins after landing, our taxi driver stopped at a store for us. I brought 26 cans home. Buy a portable luggage scale, they work great. kelli

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Presidente Beer

right across the road from the airport is a big supermarket - Nacional - they will have cans of Presidente.

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Presidente Beer

She means to take home....LOL.. Going the other way :-)

Why would she buy it going into the DR ? It's free at the hotel..Lmao

Sparky

Edited: 11 April 2011, 18:01
Lancaster, Pa
Level Contributor
33 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Presidente Beer

We found presidente in our local beer distrubutor at home. Check around, you may be able to find it. (We live in PA).

Rome, Ga
Level Contributor
132 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Presidente Beer

We also have a local distributor here in GA-Kroger.

Moncton New...
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Presidente Beer

Thats correct Sparky!!! I want to bring the beer home with me!....it is not sold here in New Brunswick, Canada.

I do have the portable scales...

Has anyone bought presidente beer at the duty free shop at the airport?

Thanks in advance!

Nana:)

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Presidente Beer

What resort are you staying in? I pack the resorts free Presidente in my luggage and so far have never been over the limit. Love for them to say I am, open my luggage and start drinking in front of them....I am sure they would let me thru real fast LOL

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Presidente Beer

Presidente is not available at the DUTY FREE shops, just the regular boutiques and one of the food vendors (in the "old" part of the airport)

We grabbed afew bottles last minute and crammed them into our carry-ons.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
800 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Presidente Beer

We could not get through customs with beer in our carry on. Wish we could...just love Presidente beer. Afraid to put any in the luggage. I suppose the worst thing is that your clothes might smell like "Beer" instead of must. :)

wisconsin
Level Contributor
800 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Presidente Beer

Oppps forgot to ask....does anyone know how much a presidente beer costs at the aiport? I think last year they were $2 US. The first ones are always worth the money.