We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helidosa ...is anyone there?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
476 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Helidosa ...is anyone there?

I've been trying to contact Helidosa for days. I've called all four of their listed telephone numbers for Punta Cana, emailed and faxed them, and have not heard back.

I'm trying to arrange a helicopter transfer for when I land in PC this Saturday; I figured I'd combine the heli-tour with the transfer and save myself from an hour on the bus.

Are they really busy this time of year or something? Is it too short of notice to be able to get a reservation for Saturday?

I have a bus transfer with my package so it's not like I'm SOL if I don't get a heli-transfer but I'd prefer not to spend an hour on the bus since my flight gets in so late.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Punta Cana Mike's Private Dominican Adventure
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Dos Bananas
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
HorsePlay Punta Cana
Private Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Renny Travel
Sightseeing Tours
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
476 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helidosa ...is anyone there?

They finally emailed me and this is what I got back:

US$ 219.00 p/p

I know I'm going to Excellence and that is in the Uvero Alto area, but I've read other people mentioning in the forum that it was closer to $150 p/p to go to the same place.

Anyway - a little too rich for my blood. =(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
604 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helidosa ...is anyone there?

Plus you will have to wait for your luggage to come on a bus anyway:) Yeah, kinda expensive for me as well. How late is your flight? The reason I ask is that if it's dark you will not see much anyway.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helidosa ...is anyone there?

If you book through Excellence resort the fee is US $438.00 each way (2 passengers with two small bags) - same price as you were quoted. We're taking a taxi @ US$70 for two although we (very briefly) thought about the helicopter too.

4. Re: Helidosa ...is anyone there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:15
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor