We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Punta Cana

For anyone that has been to Excellence Punta Cana - Is the excellence club worth the extra price?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
467 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?scope=2&ff=28&geo=147293&q=excellence+club&sub-search.x=0&sub-search.y=0&sub-search=Click+to+search+forums&returnTo=__2F__

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,636 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Hi

As the previous poster has indicated this question has been asked zillions of times

It all depends on what is important to you and your partner and what you want from the trip. The EC to us is the icing on the cake and that cake is a very nice cake anyway

I would check out their website which lists what is included and see if the items are important to you and if not I would use the money you safe for other things such as the spa or excursions or even a longer stay

If you have not already done so you may want to check my online album where you will find two large photo albums for the resort together with several videos

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

Please note that many of the room shots are not of standard rooms so please check out the labels

Going back for a 5th time later this year

Edited: 14 April 2011, 17:38
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Like flipflop said it depends on what is important to you! We just got back April 2nd our first time inPC. We booked through a travel agent and booked the EC roomn.We did alot of reading on TA and liked the idea of the EC. I'm glad we did. it was a nice added bonus tohave the EC at our disposal. We stood on the beach all day eating & drinking. Usually we would leave the beach around 5-5:30 soak in the Hot tub and up to our room.Get out of our wet bathing attire head to the EC for drinks and noshes and relax before we went to dinner usually around 8.Free internet access and TV and talking to other people from different parts of the world. When you book you have a fast and seperate check in and any thing you wanted to do or get they would do it for you. No crowded reservation desks to book any excursions. I could go on and on.its allthe little extras that the EC provides that we liked.

Edited: 14 April 2011, 18:38
Allentown...
Level Contributor
819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

I'm so glad that I got a Club room. I just changed it from a club swim up room to one of the club Jr suites on the higher floors. I upgraded my Uncle and Aunt to a Club room as well. They'll love it.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Thanks flipflop_man - Great pictures - it really looks like a wonderful place - may be our next vacation!

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

In our opinion the club level is not worth the extra price. We found that the only thing you really gain is a extra place to have a drink and a snack..As far as the other services there almost the same, so we cant see booking the club level rather save the money... If you get a free upgrade into club, then take it..its worth it then. We like the rooms around the cascade pool, and also enjoy the swim-ups at the upper cascade pool as they fit us perfect. We are always a Excellence fan and will always return, but as far as spending the extra money on the club not worth it, unless its a free upgrade.

Edited: 16 April 2011, 22:16
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

John & Julie- thanks for your input - is cascade pool area quiet with ocean view - We are looking for a nice quiet area with an ocean view - like to sit on balcony early am and evening before and after dinner - we are early risers - not late night party people - spend the day on the beach - any suggestions on room type - don't know if you can request certain buildings or rooms as we have not been to excellence before - only Couples Swept Away which we loved! Thought we should try a new place next vacation.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

They treated us great without the Club. Don't need it. Rather spend $ at the spa! :)

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

janine,

If you are around the cascade you will not be looking at the ocean. Here is a link to a resort map so you can see the building layout.

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,636 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Janine

You can certainly request a certain area/building and they will do their best to accommodate you

CSA is a beautiful resort - very romantic and a beach to die for