We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Punta Cana

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Punta Cana

My fiancee and I are spending our honeymoon at Excellence and I am looking for tips or suggestions to make the experience even more enjoyable (side trips, tips on what restaurants to visit/not visit). Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Hi

It all depends on how long you are going for as far as trips are concerned - getting off the resort and seeing some of the island away from the tourist strips is always a good idea in my book

As far as restaurants are concerned we have enjoyed them all over the years. The only one we elect not to go to in the evening is the Lobster House as we do not really like lobster

Our favourites as the Spice, Grill and Chez Isabelle. On our last trip we also particularly liked the new tapas style menu in the Barcelona

Main tips are always to vary where you eat for all three meals of the day as they do have a wide choice of options. Also if something is not quite right or if you need something please say to the concierge staff right away as they want all guest to have a perfect trip and to want to come back again

Looking forward to our 5th trip later this year

Hoboken, NJ
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Went last year and it was indeed excellent. All the restaurants were good in my book. The Lobster House was one of my favorites and Spice and Agave. I don't think you can really go wrong with the food. It's a beautiful place with wonderful people working there. Enjoy!

We didn't do a lot of excursions - beach, pool, and drinks. The nightly entertainment is typical all-inclusive as it is as fun as you make it. You're not getting Vegas acts but grab some drinks and enjoy. I did enjoy the jazz band that played in the lobby area (I think). They were fun.

I will say the Lobster bar had some trouble one night with mosquitoes not when we were there thankfully. But we had a little bit of rain on our trip and I think that maybe that added to it. To be safe bring some bug spray.

My advice is to hit the outside bar - I think it was called Karma. Not much more than a small round hut style bar but the bartenders were great and we drank and just met new people every night with amazing night weather.

The one activity we did do was the horseback riding and it was so worth it. A warning they are just going to put you on a horse and you're off. They don't really give you any tips on how to ride. I have ridden a lot in my life so I was fine but this was the first time my girlfriend had ever been on a horse and she was scared to death for the first 10 minutes. I coached her through it and then she was fine. The horses are tame and fairly mellow. They pretty much just follow the crowd but at the beginning it seems a bit sketchy but don't worry about it. The guides are ok but the ride itself is beautiful on the beach and then into the countryside. My girlfriend was so happy at the end and was so happy she didn't quit like some people did before the ride started. It was a lot of fun. There is a guy that comes around the pool asking people for "horseback riding" - use him as he is approved by the resort.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

If you mean the bar that is close to the main entertainment area and sits just off the ocean front it is called the Cafe/Kafe Bar

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

I am here now! If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer or find out the answer while I'm here!

So far we've had a great trip... the restaurant likes/dislikes really all depend on what your used to and what you like. We are REALLY picky with our steaks and The Grill makes AMAZING filet mignon for dinner. The French restaurant is really good, as are the pizzas at Oregano. We didn't love Spice or Barcelona, but found a few good things. Agave is good Tex-Mex, but what we really love their is the waiter. ;-) Pedro at the pool bar "Blue" is the BEST!

What room did you reserve? We have some tips/thoughts/opinions on the room situation here. I think it makes/breaks some peoples vacation.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

how long are you there for ..... we arrive Saturday and can't wait!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

lolar

Glad you are having a great trip

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

We have been here for a week... we leave on Saturday. ;-(

Boston
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

We are thinking of booking a trip to the Excellence in November and my only concern about this hotel is how rough the ocean is??? We've been to PC 12 times but have never stayed that far north. We really enjoy the ocean but don't want really rough surf.

Saint Louis...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

I am going to Punta Cana on Saturday and the weather shows that it has been storming all week and it's supposed to continue to next week. I see you are there now, how is the weather?? I am so nervous that it's going to rain the whole time. Thanks for your help!!

canton,ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Punta Cana

Go to the water and turn left....go to Nancy's and you will get the best, most affordable couples massage in Punta Cana. Say Hi to Nancy and Charlie from Dan & Lisa and tell them we will be back in November. This is our sixth time @ Excellence and we can't wait to get back!