We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

I have the IGB booked for 11/11/11. We are wondering if we made the right decision... We are waiting for Secrets Royal Beach to open to get some feedback. Booked on a whim -- (b/c IGB was rated #1) I know some of you are saying that the IGB will be amazing, just need some more input... Would ME or Secrets Royal be more laid back and "fun". Thanks for all of your help...What would I do without TA? :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

Of the three you're looking at, I've only stayed at the IGB and it was wonderful and what I liked is that it can appeal to people who want it quiet and relaxing or for people who want it more lively. I've heard great things too about the Majestic Elegance (Elegance Club) - not really sure though that it would be any livelier than IGB though.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k41406…

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

Secrets Royal Beach is open... sorta... been doing business as NH Royal Beach for a year or two. It's just a name change, effective May. I've been hearing about a few changes... no restaurant reservations will be needed.. that's nice, but other than that, the resort exists, just under a different name. It's a great honeymoon choice. As is the case with IGB, if things are too quiet, you have the option of visiting the sister properties for more action, restaurants and amenities. ME gets consistently good comments, too... although it's not AO, if that's important to you. There's and AO section, but you'll likely be seeing kids, if you want to take advantage of the full resort.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,372 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

Sorry but none... For Honeymoon i would pick Zoetry Agua Punta Cana it's Travelers' Choice® 2011 Winner for Romance | Relaxation & Spa.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

I have to disagree with the Zoetry suggestion since jenn says she is looking for fun. We found Zoetry to quiet for our tastes and we are far from partiers, I do agree it is a great place for romance and relaxation. I think you have made a good decision with The Grand. If you did find it too boring you have the option of visiting the other resorts. We have been to many resorts and IGB is the one that offers the most of what we are looking for in a resort.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

Thank you all so much...

I'm sure we will be great at IGB... its just such a hard decision to make since we have never been to the DR before.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

Jenn you will love it and enjoy this special trip.

Did you book ocean view or splurge? :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

We booked Ocean View. I was hoping to get a top floor room facing the pool and boat. I guess I should eamil beforehand to request that? Can we email to get dinner reservations as well???

Thanks!

8. Re: IGB, ME or Secrets Royal Beach for Honeymoon??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 00:16