We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf courses near excellence

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
golf courses near excellence

we will be staying at excellence for 6 days starting July 4th. Is there a golf course nearby? Can someone from the resort take you to the course? Any deals for that time of year/

thanks,

janines

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf courses near excellence

we're here now and I noticed in the booklet they give you upon check-in that they can book golf. I'll check it out at the concierge desk and let you know.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf courses near excellence

I was just at the EC lounge (to get a drink) and asked about the golf packages. They book with Caribbean Golf and Tours. I received a booklet but you can check them out at www.caribbeangolftours.com. The two closest courses are about 45 minutes from EPC, with most of them being over an hour to the course. The package include round trip transportation, cart fee, green fees, and tax. Rentals are first come - first served. The two closest Punta Espana and Corales are US$400 and US$405 respectively. Hope this is helpful.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golf courses near excellence

Thanks to both of you. The price seems very high for mid summer golf. we may have to pass on this one. A few months back, read about a 3 day pass for golf and lunch. I can't remember the course.

janines

Toronto
Level Contributor
758 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golf courses near excellence

It does seem high for where it is.....!! Compared to golf rates across America its a bit much.. I guess they charge a lot for cab fare ;)

I was interested in golfing while there, but not at that price.. I might have to pass as well.. booo. :(

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,682 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: golf courses near excellence

Actually those courses are furthest from Excellence. The closest are Roko KI (25 minutes), Cana Bay (30 min), Punta Blanca (35 min) and my personal favourite...Iberostate (40min)

These guys are very reliable in setting up tee times. You can find the prices here...

www.golfreservationcenter.com/golf-courses/

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike

Toronto
Level Contributor
758 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: golf courses near excellence

That's more like it! Now to decide on whether its worth it and to bring the clubs!

Thanks Mike :)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: golf courses near excellence

PuntaCana Mike - thanks for correcting me on the proximity of the two courses to excellence. I really have no idea where any of them are but was going on what the young lady told me here. Cheers

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: golf courses near excellence

PC Mike,

I think I remember the special for 3 passes was the Punta Blanca course. I think it was $250 including cart and lunch?

janines

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: golf courses near excellence

I have used www.golfreservationcenter.com/ in the past and have just booked with them again.

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: golf courses near excellence

Bring your clubs if you plan on golfing more than 2 rounds, definately worth it.