We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adaptors

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Adaptors

Hi, I am travelling to DR in June with my husband and our 5 month old daughter for our honeymoon!

Are the adaptors UK to USA?

We are staying at the Majestic Elegance. Do the junior suites have a kettle? I will need to boil bottled water for my daughters bottles each day.

I am not quite sure what voltage kettle we will need if they aren't provided as I have read somewhere that they are 110v?

Appreciate anybody's help...!

Edited: 10 May 2011, 21:45
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adaptors

Your answers are in the "top Questions" list on the right of the screen.

The electricity is the same as USA and Canada 110V but the shape can or cannot be the same as we are used to seeing. Canadians and Americans do not need converters but adaptors are sometimes necessary.

Jr suites of which hotel....?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adaptors

Annierovers,

You will need an adapter which is 2 pin flat just like the one on the left of this photo.

www.maplin.co.uk/images/full/bn30_new2006.jpg

As the voltage in the DR is 110v your kettle will need to be dual/worldwide voltage for it to work properly in the DR.

Angie.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adaptors

Good answer Angelina52

Preston, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adaptors

Thanks very much!! :))

5. Re: Adaptors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 02:18