We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Recommendations

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Recommendations

We have a favorite resort we go to in Cancun & would like to find a Dominican resort with similar qualities to try for a trip in Sept. or Oct. We like good food, good service, good beach, in a "smaller" clean all inclusive resort. Spend most of our time relaxing at the resort but do some shopping if close to resort. Also prefer within 30 minutes of airport. Any suggestions?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Recommendations

Do you want a luxury resort, 3 or 4 star???

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Recommendations

I looked at your review so presume you're talking about the Golden Parnassus in Cancun? My daughters went there last year and they really liked it - especially the food as they're kindof picky. From what I know of it, I would think there would be a fair number of resorts to choose from in Punta Cana that would be just as nice. It would help to know what your budget is and whether you are looking for a place more suitable to couples or families.

Here's a map that shows the hotels - I would think any resort from Catalonia to the Iberostars would be within 30 min of the airport.

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Recommendations

Not really looking for a "luxury" resort but prefer at least a 4 star. Yes, the GP is where we stay in Cancun and we usually pay around $900 to $1,200 per person total depending on whether we stay 5 or six nights.

Things we like about the Golden Parnassus & hope to find in Punta Cana:

Great Service

Good Food

Great Beach & Beautiful Water

Smaller Resort (216 rooms)

15 minutes from Airport

Would like to find 4 nights for under $1,000 person but willing to spend more for the things we want in a resort.

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Recommendations

Forgot to mention, we prefer Adults Only too.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Recommendations

If you want an adult only resort that is ultra small, and won't break the bank look into the Punta Cana Princess. It is about 30 mins from the airport which is about standard. It is very nice, quiet and calm but you can find nightlife or a more active experience by visiting the sister resort next door (caribe and tropical princess) so you will get the best of both worlds. Guests of the PCP have access to all services and facilities next door so you gets tons of dining options.

Another well rated adults only resort is the Catalonia Royal Bavaro. also small and well laid out, close to the airport, and budget friendly

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Recommendations

Please know that I have NOT been there yet, so I can NOT speak from personal experience, but you might want to check out Zoetry Agua. We are booked there for our honeymoon next year. We were attracted to it because it has only 51 rooms and is reported to be quiet, with a beautiful, calm beach, personalized service, all- inclusive al-la-carte (no buffets) and beautiful, spacious rooms. It not adults only, and is about an hour from the airport, BUT if you read the reviews and check out the website, you'll see that these points are minor - well, they were to us anyway:)

I have inquired on this forum and have been told that it is a half mile walk south along the beach to Excellence resort, where there are vendors for shopping. They also apparently have a "dine-out" program, but I myself need to look more into that before I go. There are activities available, but it is not "busy" by the pool like those resorts with animation teams.

Again, others will be able to tell you more, and give experienced advice, but just wanted to throw in my two cents to your query...

Have fun planning :)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Recommendations

the Low given Budget decides itself what bfits the Bill I guess, even that October is for Punta Cana the cheapest month of the year so some more offers may join the game here.

Good Food,

Hey, we are talking Budget All Inclusive Vacation, so Good Food is a theme where everybody has His/her own Opinion, that varies the same lot than the daily weather forecasts.

Rooms,

that is what varies by Budget.

Happy Travels

Mike

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Recommendations

True, MikeFisher. By good food I simply want to be able to know what I'm eating..................no "mystery meat". Just simple good, not extravagant or fancy, food. Same with the room, clean and functional since it's only used for sleeping and showers. Punta Cana Princess or Catalonia Royal Bavaro sound like either might work for us. Thanks for the information.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
877 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort Recommendations

Check Zoetry Agua. Good food 24 hours a day. Not sure if it wil fit your budget But worth checking. Plus there is only 53 rooms at this location.

Edited: 20 May 2011, 13:57
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,623 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort Recommendations

Zoetry is an hour away from the airport though

Secrets Sanctuary is only 15 mins but would be outside the OP's budget