We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

Does hotel provide cribs or play pens for infants? Is there a charge for it? Does anyone have any tips or advice on traveling with infants and staying at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Cana? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda
Luxury Bahia Principe...
7,462 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Lisbon
Level Contributor
945 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

My 16 month baby slept in what in Portugal we would call a "foldable travel bed" like this foldingbed.net/vinyl-metal-or-wood-folding-c…

It's free of charge, but state that you will need one when booking.

No great tips to give... We Didn't try kids club..

The esmeralda resort is small, everything is very accessible. Maybe try to ask for the block 90, nearest to the beach.

Have fun!

Edited: 19 May 2011, 21:01
toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

thanks!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

I'd say most do if not all can provide cribs on demand... There will likely range in quality and age, we've requested and got some real beauties over the years. lol

You would always bring you own pack and play...airline won't charge you.

j.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

We stayed at the Bahia in April, and while we didn't need a crib, one morning I watched (from my balcony) the staff cleaning two portable beds -Pack and play type. They looked to be new in good shape. The staff took them outside, scrubbed them with a bucket of soapy water, then hosed them down and left them to dry. I was impressed with how thoroughly they were cleaned.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 23:36
Level Contributor
384 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

We just returned from the Esmeralda beginning of May and my nephew and his wife requested a crib for their baby. They do not have strollers so you have to bring your own. I would definitely request the crib directly with the hotel. They only thing they would have changed was the fact they were on the third floor - they said it would have been easier to be on the bottom floor or second floor with a baby. The waitresses and cleaning staff are wonderful with babies -they always make a big fuss overthem -my nephew with so impressed with the way the staff embraces children and babies that he felt this was a resort he would return to because of that.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,429 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

nodanoso,

The Bahia resorts do supply infants cribs on request at each of the resorts in the complex with the exception of the Ambar resort.

I do hope that this is of assistance to you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

7. Re: Cribs for infants at Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda, Punta Ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 05:31