We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sc
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand

I have a few questions about this hotel, if anyone can answer them thanks.

Is it safe to drink the water & brush your teeth with the water, & drink drinks with ice in them at the hotel?

How long did it take to get thru customs when arriving at the airport?

Are you able to walk thru from the Grand to other properites?

Did you leave the resort, if so where did you go? When off the resort did you use dollars or pesos?

Did you tip in dollars or pesos? Did the shops use dollars or pesos?

Thank you

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
877 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand

I was at the Iberostar Punta Can in 2007 and had no problems brushing my teeth. Had no problems with the ice in my drinks. I never drank water from the faucet though. You do have exchange priviledges to the other three Iberostar resorts. Customs was a breeze and no problem. You can walk along the beach passing other resort properties and is safe to do so. Not sure about entering the property, don't see why this is an issue. US dollars are always welcome and I believe the shop use both.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand

I just returned from here yesterday and as stated by ProArtWork, it is safe to brush your teeth with the water from facet but do not drink the water from the facet in your room. The restuarants use filtered water and ice for drinks so it is safe to drink the water from the restuarants. While on the beach at the pool or at any of the other bars they give you bottled water to drink but they too use filtered water for ice.

it took us 10 mins to clear customs but it all depends on when you arrive and how many other flights arrive at the same time. We normally travel on Tuesday, Wed. or Thursday as we get the best fares on these days and customs lines are not long.

You can walk through to the other Iberostar Resorts or you can ask at the front and they will take you via gulf cart and pick you up when your ready to return. You can also access the other properties from the beach.

We didn't leave the resort

We tipped in pesos because while most places use dollars depending on where the employees exchange the money they are charged to do so thus it is better to give them pesos. The resort takes US $$ and pesos I found it better to use pesos (IMHO) as with the US dollars they tend to round it up and if you had the pesos you pay exact. Also do not exchange your US dollars at the airport, my suggestion would be to see if you can get it before you leave or exchange them at the hotel front desk.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions. This is our second visit to this property this year and we absolutely love it.

3. Re: Iberostar Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 06:18