We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel options in Punta Cana? Are they all all inclusive?

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel options in Punta Cana? Are they all all inclusive?

I'm looking at going to the DR in November. It looks like the majority of the resorts are all inclusive. I'd rather pay less for the room and buy my own food/drink, etc. Any other options on the beach in Punta Cana?

Should I wait until december for the trip to have less chance of rain? Thanks for any info. on these topics. :)

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel options in Punta Cana? Are they all all inclusive?

The following are non-all inclusive: puntacanatv.com/accommodations/non-all-inclu…

Sivory

Tortuga Bay Villas

Puntacana Resort & Club (the least expensive of the 3)

But room price + food + drink = much more $ than an AI package.

Have you considered self catering condo rental? You can find a list of reputable agencies here puntacanatv.com/accommodations/punta-cana-co…

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel options in Punta Cana? Are they all all inclusive?

exactly as Yumi stated above,

the available Resorts in PC without AI are Top Notch, so they are not suitable to save a Buck or two, the opposite, they are High End Properties and the most Expensive ones in Punta Cana.

for a Non AI Stay I would recommend to consider a Condo Stay in the El Cortecito Area where You can mix Your Diet between the numerous available restaurants around including cheaper Local Retsaurants and also cooking some meals on your own in Your Condo.

the El Cortecito Area offers hundreds of Condos in all price Ranges near and also right on the Beach, but careful, eating out most meals and the need to pay for every drink or waterbottle you need during the Day does not necessarily safe any money, usually a AI Package is the cheapest Way to spend a week or 2 in Punta Cana.

what suits best for You depends on Your available Budget and Your Personal preferences of what You need/want to have/don't like etc on Vacation.

a Condo rental is not for everybody, as a AI Property isn't neither.

Happy Travels

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel options in Punta Cana? Are they all all inclusive?

Are you set about going to Punta Cana - IMO the Samana Peninsular has a better range of independent hotels and guest houses + the scenery is nicer. Best area s to look are Playa Bonita near LAs Terranas and Las Galeras.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
Playa Bonita
Playa Bonita
947 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Las Galeras
Las Galeras
Dominican Republic
4. Re: Hotel options in Punta Cana? Are they all all inclusive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 14:18