We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

tirane
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

Hi, everybody! I'm going to Punta Cana on 17 of July, and I will be staying at Iberostar Grand Bavaro, with my boyfriend, for a week. We would love to see something outside the resort. What are mos beautiful things to do and what are the prices? This is our first time there and we want to make the most of our trip. I want it to be perfect :)

Thanks in advance

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

Drink by the pool with cold Presidentes.

tirane
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,252 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

ajla09,

I would highly recommend a tour through Punta Cana Mikes Dominican Adventures.

A very credible tour - with memories that you will retain for a lifetime. You will learn and experience the local culture and the countryside. The tours are very specialized and tend to cater to small groups from 2-9 persons.

Here is the link to the site where I am sure all your questions will be answered and you can communicate with the owner - Mike, directly.

http://puntacanamike.webs.com/

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

tirane
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

Thanks a lot, John

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

You may find like we did that the Grand is so relaxing going elsewhere is a pain. I agree with Mikes though as it's the only excursion we did in 2 weeks. Never even played golf as so nice just to plant my my a$$ and do nothing. Oh the Star Friends are really nice as far as getting you up to do things and remember it's a job for them and try to play.

Enjoy

Lisbon
Level Contributor
945 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

Santo Domingo and Saona Islands are a "must do/go" IMO.

tirane
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

I can't wait to go there. I'm glad you've had a great time! Thank you for your Reply

Forest, VA
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

Husband and I are in our 50's and we actually took surfing lessons from Macao Surf Camp (found this on TA) We weren't that great, but the people were awesome and where/when else would we get the opportunity? Think it was about $40pp and they picked us up at the Excellence which is the furthest hotel out. We also did an offroad tour which stopped by some caves and we drove 2 person buggies. That was a blast going through the mud puddles, prepare to get dirty and rinse off in the cave pool.

New York City, NY
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

HI! Did you take one of the day tours to Santa Domingo? I am anxious to see it but can't do over night. Thanks

10. Re: What are the best things to do in Punta Cana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 04:18