We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any comments on this resort???

Kent England
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any comments on this resort???

Hi we're off to Punta Cana in August for 2 weeks. We're staying at the Gran Bahia Principe resort. Any info would be great!

I just hope the hurricanes don't visit when we go! :D

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any comments on this resort???

This is a very large resort comprised of 5 sections; Bavaro, Premier, Punta Cana, Esmerelda and Ambar (Adults only). We liked the resort when we visited in April. The food was good, entertainment good and although the resort is huge, the trams were very efficient. We chose Bahia Bavaro simply because we were travelling with Sunwing Vacations and that is the section they offered in their package.

The rooms were clean and comfortable (our maid was super!). We did find that the pools and beach were crowded and the towel game was in force, but we were there during Easter which is high season. August should be much less crowded, but very very hot and humid.

Edited: 25 June 2011, 15:56
Kent England
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any comments on this resort???

Hhhmmmm! Sound like it's gonna be a challenge understanding all the different sections to the resort!

I'm not worried about the size of the grounds as i think it will do us good :D

Also i'm well stocked with sun creams but not sure if i'm being to cautious!

Got 20spf 30's and 50's.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
420 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any comments on this resort???

Hi Golf055, When are you going? we will be there for 2 weeks from August 19th staying in PuntanCana section. Maybe see you there!! Can't wait, not long now!!

Kent England
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any comments on this resort???

Hey we're there from 29th August! 65 days today!!!!!!!!

I think thats the part that we are stay in!

What do you think about the sun creams then?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
420 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any comments on this resort???

I stick with 30, and 50 for the face throughout our stay and I tend to stay in the shade but i'm very fair, so is my daughter. OH is medditerranean so he tans so easy!!! makes me sick!!

I juat hope my daughter makes lots of friends she is at that in between age of 17, that is the main reason we picked Bahia as there seems to lots going on for teenagers!!

Kent England
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any comments on this resort???

Yeah we tan straight away but i have to be careful with my face :(

My boys are 21 and 17 and still enjoying free holidays lol.

I'm ok i like to lay on the sun lounger and watch the world go by but i wanted something for the boys to do! So surely they'll find something with water sport, golf and the disco ect...... :D

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any comments on this resort???

We went in April with an 18 year old girl and a 15 year old boy. They had no trouble finding young people to hang out with. My daughter played volleyball in school and there was lots of water v-ball happening every day. But the main pool had plenty of other activities during the day.

In the evenings our son hung more with us, but my daughter went off with new friends to see the shows or hang out in the lobbies. She didn't seem too impressed with the disco.

There's a copy of the resort map on-line, but they will give you some maps when you check in. It's not a difficult resort to navigate, despite its size.

worldisround.com/articles/…photo259.html

(click on full-size image to make it larger)

Edited: 25 June 2011, 19:09
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any comments on this resort???

I'd leave the 20 at home, and take the 30 and 50.

I never used 50 but I use 30 in PC all the time and always get a good tan without burning.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,104 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any comments on this resort???

Golf...

Did you book the Bahia Principe Punta Cana resort or the Bahia Principe Bavaro resort. Let us know if you by any chance happened to have booked any upgrades such as Club Golden or club Diamond/Hacienda.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Birmingham
Level Contributor
420 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any comments on this resort???

Hi Brooklin,

I am staying in the Golden Club, would you be so kind as to let me know who I need to email to book restuarant reservations and which restuarants we can use?

I did make a note of this info afer you had given it to someone else and now I can't find it!!

Thanks in advance for your help, I have read lots of your posts and got lots and lots of tips and recomendations so thank you very much.

Can't wait to get there!!

Edited: 26 June 2011, 08:08