We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
338 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

I am looking for an upscale but not too expensive resort on the Bavaro beach section of Punta Cana since I have read that is the best beach in that area. We are planning a destination wedding and ofcourse are looking for great food, service, and amenities. I am leaning toward the Bavaro Princess all Suites right now. Anybody have any thoughts or another suggestions. I am hoping to keep the price around 1500.00/per person.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

Having just returned from our 6th. trip to the region, the "Paradisus Punta Cana" would be our best recommendation for your destination wedding! It has everything you are looking for and is on what we consider to be the very best stretch of Bavaro Beach. Here is a link for your convenience: www.paradisuspuntacana.travel/

Hope this helps!

Lisbon
Level Contributor
945 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

There are many options.. it really depends on how much you want to spend and what do you value most.

I would say that GBP Esmeralda or Ambar (AO) are quite good and "bang for the buck" or any of the Palladiums. These are the ones I know from experience.

I've researched on others and asked some questions around, to the experts and would say that Catalonia Royal (AO) and Bavaro Princess (Platinum) are also very good and are on my list.

This is the one you are leaning to right? There seem to be mixed reviews but everyone that stood in Platinum said it was worth it. There are 2 or 3 people I remember here that love this resort. Ask them as they are quite helpful. :) The resort is very lush and the beach gorgeous.

Also read a lot of reviews, see the photos and make up your mind :)

Enjoy your holiday!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

Many great choices in p.C.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

With all due respect to the recommendation made by Alexa-7, having literally just returned from a week at the Gran Bahia complex, we had the opportunity to observe close to a dozen weddings. While the Ambar and Esmeralda might be the more upscale of the Gran Bahia properties, they all share a single beachfront "gazebo" - which was more-reminiscent of a white-washed open-air structure that would have been featured on a 'Gilligan's Island' episode, rather-than being purposely built as a wedding gazebo! And if that wasn't enough, it was smack-dab in the middle of a slightly elevated sand dune that overlooked hundreds of guest lounge chairs and the adjacent lifeguard tower. To make matters worse, music for all the ceremonies was conveniently supplied by the DJ right on the beach, simply by turning one of his speaker racks towards the gazebo at the right moment! Cheezy. Very cheezy...

...hope this helps!

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

The wedding that we happened to see at the Bahia was taking place not on the beach, but at a beautiful gazebo about midway in the resort. (blue 8 on the resort map)

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

The wedding gazebo located half way into the resort just below the smaller pool on the Punta Cana side of the resort provides a much better option for the ceremony IMO.

The plus side that is also evident when having the ceremony there is not having to be so concerened about some of those guests that gather to see the bride in their topless attire - sort of puts a strange twist to the wedding photos shall we say :)

Hope this helps.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

This is a photo of the newest gazebo at the Palladium complex. It is just off the Palace beach and simply beautiful. It would surely garner an incredible wedding

s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn185/razel1952/…

The Palladium is reasonably priced for all it offers. It is immaculately clean and their beach is stunning.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
338 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

These are great photos. I will forward these to my daughter. I am looking right now at the Grand Palladium and the Paradisus Punta Cana. I am waiting to see what the prices will be. Did you book through apple vacations?

Stoney Creek Ontario
Level Contributor
649 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

Hi ladydirn....Since you were looking for a resort in the Bavaro section of Punta Cana I'm including a link to maps of Punta Cana from puntacanatv.com which shows which resorts on which section of beach. http://puntacanatv.com/maps The Bavaro section is under map #5 and includes Now Larimar,Secrets Royal Beach, Paradisus Palma Real, the large Barcelo complex and a few others. The Paradisus Punta Cana is on El Cortecito beach and the Bahia complex is on Arena Gorda beach. Not trying to split hairs but the Bavaro beach section is just one of many in Punta Cana. Best of luck.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
338 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which is the best resort on the Bavaro beach?

thanks for the clairification.