We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
398 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

Is there a big difference between the two? Pricewise they are normally fairly close . I have been to the Caribe Club Princess and thought that it was nice little resort combined with the Tropical Princess.

surreymaria
Level Contributor
192 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

I stayed at the princess about five years ago. I found it a nice intimate hotel, but I did need to use the other hotels to access some entertainment in the evening.If you want a really quiet hotel then I would recomend this one. I will be happy toanswer any further questions you have. I have als stayed at the Rui Palace melia caribe and I am off to th Excellence in Octobr. Have a ood hliday.

surreymaria.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

HUH? I thought the Princess Tropicale and Caribe were the ones with the shows and activity?

We are thinking of Princess Punta Cana, as it gets good reviews and we don't mind a smaller, quiet place.

We've been to Bavaro Princess several times and it is great.

Definitely larger, but no problem getting around either by trolley or easy walk on winding pathways. Lovely beach, and there are shows every night, music in the plaza outside the buffet restaurant, also quieter corners here and there, and a spacious patio/balcony with each suite.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,596 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

LaTA3...I think if you enjoyed BP you may be disappointed in PCP. We were.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

What would disappoint us?

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

Have been to both and loved both. In fact been to all the princess resorts in PC. Would return to either one. We liked the smallness of the PCP. The staff really got to know you because of the size. The bar tenders would see you in a restaurant and come over and say hi and ask how your dinner was. The resort is very small compared to the BP - from our balcony we could see the beach in one direction and the buffet and lobby in the other.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

I have been to all 3 or 4 if you want to consider the Caribe and Tropical as 2 different hotels...

PCP adult only ultra quiet and ultra small. Barely any nightlife. Good bang for the buck, good food, nice rooms but not overly deluxe. Large, clean, tropical rooms. Access to all services and facilities of the CCP/TP next door.

Caribe Club and Tropical Princess, livlier, families, couples, less expensive, good food, large, tropical rooms, some have been renovated. The resort is mid size with excellent set up, fun nightlife, next to the PCP, public disco at gates of the hotel, All rooms, restaurants, pools and most activities are at the beach end of the resort.

Bavaro Princess: very large, often times inconveniently so. Platinum upgrade makes things more manageable and bumps up the experience also gives you access to the other Princess Properties, which are separated from the Bavaro by the Paradisus PC. so not far at all 10 min beach walk, face the ocean to the left. Nightife is light, but Plaza Bavaro is at the gates of the hotel. Action is not far away. Activities are fun and ample.

the Jr Suites are far from the beach in the hotel section (even further than the lobby so be aware (this is prob why you think the Bavaro Princess is the same price as the Caribe so be careful), so a Bungalow suite or Platinum Suite is the way to go. The food at the a la cartes is the best of the 3, but PCP was a close second. The buffet has lots of choice, there is a beach buffet with a nice selection and a beach grill/bar for the quick bite to eat.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

All 3 are on an excellent stretch of beach, slight nodd going to the Bavaro Princess for the more gradual entry.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

So the description of the Caribe Club as the quiet place is incorrect?

that's what I was asking about, if someone can clarify.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

Caribe is a family resort.....since at any moment, or any week there could be tons of children...one never knows, Punta Cana Princess, adult only, is the quiet one.

Edited: 10 July 2011, 19:33
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caribe Club Princess vs Bavaro Princess

Thanks, Tingy, that was my understanding too.