We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
577 reviews
Save Topic
We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

My husband & I are thinking about taking a trip to Punta Cana in February 2012. Is this a good time to go? Are there lots of little kids running around? We are really looking for an adult’s only resort. We are 53 & 62. We like to have fun, eat & drink. We also want to snorkel off the shore of the hotel. Are there places like that? There will be more questions in the future. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

We stayed at Punta Cana Princess last April and loved the place, it's an adults only resort so no little kids running around either at the beach or the pool. It is very quiet, the food is pretty good, the beach awesome. There is no snorkelling in front of the hotel, we did however take a side trip where we were able to snorkel and it was good. The resort is quite small so everything is close by and the staff is amazing.

Ocean Springs...
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

PC has multiple adults only resorts or sections of resorts as adults only. Do a search in the forum for adults only and you can also narrow it down on hotel search on ta.

I personally wanted adults only and booked Excellence - I go next month. I'd also look at Secrets Cap Cana and Iberostar Grand. Numerious other posters recommend Amber and the majectics, which are sections of larger resorts I do believe.

Also, sounds like you for sure want an all inclusive, which is pretty much all of PC.

Happy travels - you will get a lot of great advice on this forum.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
577 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

Thanks for your help. I will do some searching on the forum regarding adults only and all-inclusives...

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

puntacanatv.com

click on accomodations, adult only, and it lists all the adult only resorts. The beaches are whiter and calmer (you can snorkel in front of the resorts) from NOW Larimer,south, towards the airport. I think Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana is fantastic. Click on maps for the location of all the resort.

www.secretsresorts.com/sanctuary/webcam.asp

This is the web cam....view it during the day.

Edited: 18 July 2011, 01:20
USA
Level Contributor
346 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

We always go in February and love it! We never have stayed at a adult only resort and I can honestly say I don't even remember any kids being there in Feb. but I know there were. Maybe it was the drinks! lol

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

Weather-wise, February is a great month in the Punta Cana region. In-general, there won't be many older children as school is in session. At many resorts, you will see younger families with toddlers.

However, with the generally-attractive prices compared to other parts of the Caribbean, the latter part of the month of February can also bring an influx of college students to Punta Cana as it also signals the start of Spring Break season, which continues thru the week following Easter Sunday. To minimize the chance of their presence at your resort, choose a higher-end property!

Our best recommendation for an excellent, upscale, adult-only destination is the Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana resort.

Hope this helps!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,104 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

SalfromIL,

February is the busiest travel month of the year and truly a great time for us northeners to go to the Caribbean !!

As mentioned by others, there are children, there for sure but never as many as one may see in other months.

You can snorkel off the shore from the resorts, but keep in mind, you are not to venture past the markers for your own safety - there is not much to view when snorkeling in areas such as this as the beach and bottom is primarily all sand, other than some smaller fish - many decide to take a snorkeling excursion to more desireable locations for this activity.

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

We went the first week in February 2011 and stayed at Secrets Sanctuary Capa Cana. Perfect weather. We loved it so much that we are going again Feb 2012. We used to go to Riviera Maya in February....Weather is MUCH warmer in Punta Cana!!!! Let me know if you have any specific questions on the resort. We LOVED it ! This will be the first resort we ever return to (we normally like to try new places every year)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

My husband and I spent a week at Catalonia Royal this July. It was wonderful, I want to go back now. It is adults only, but the sister resort is a very short walk if you want action. My husband and I are 68 and 63 and we snorkled off the beach every day. There is no boat traffic, so it is safe to snorkle. There is some sea grass, but that never bothered us. It is a fantastic place with great food and alot of relaxation.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We need help with some questions about Punta Cana

Good snorkeling at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya!

It's not adults only, but we saw few children, probably because they have a children's program with their own little wading pool.