We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Excellence PC Questions

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
More Excellence PC Questions

I've booked a Junior suite Garden room (not gone for the Excellence Club).

I understand that there is a reserved area at pool and beach for EC Club members - will these areas be clearly marked or closed off so that we don't wander into the 'No go area' haha. Would hate to be thrown out !!

I have looked at the resort map, so if someone could tell me the areas on the map that would be great x

Boston...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

The areas are posted, but I've never seen anyone thrown out or kept away from any area of the pool or beach. Maybe during very busy times they are more concerned about that, but when I've been there in September and October, nobody cares.

I think it's more for the Club people to be able to access an area of the pool and beach that requires less walking from their building. It's not like there is any difference...it's more covenience

Mississippi
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

I read a review yesterday that mentioned it was easy to find the chairs with their names on them - are they reserved by name?

Edited: 27 July 2011, 20:07
Boston...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

Reserved by name? I never noticed that. Last year I was in building 10 so had to walk past the club section of the pool and saw towels and magazines early in the morning, but no reserved signs with names. I would think if one of the club perks was that you could reserve your chair, people wouldn't be out there at 5 am laying down towels.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

At EPC there is no pool area for people who are staying in the Excellence club rooms. The EC beach area is directly out from building 10. From what I've seen it is very low-key and anyone is allowed to walk through the EC area to the beach. The EC Beach area concierge will politely ask your name and room number if you're sitting in the area but certainly there's no one on duty at the entrace to the area preventing anyone from entering.

Unless things have changed since we were there in May, and I highly doubt it, there are certainly no chairs with names on them.

Boston...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

Maybe some guest wrote their names and "reserved" and stuck it on a chair :-)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,305 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

The EC Beach area is clearly marked and as NoSnow has said it is very politely policed by the concierge staff

Unless things have changed I have never seen names on loungers - which review was sit???

Mississippi
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

5am? Yikes. You will not see me out there then!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

I'll go look and see which one it was. Maybe it was a post it!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

The title of the review is "good time with friends and family." And after reading it again, it does say it's a tiki hut with her name on it, but I assume there are chairs with it too...

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More Excellence PC Questions

Thanks everyone.

Doesn't sound as daunting as i first imagined. Mind you 5am does seem a little early to be up with your towel !!