We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

Yikes! We are arriving into PC on Tuesday afternoon and are getting very nervoius about the weather...

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

Keep your eye on the National Hurricane Centre website. Also Mike/s will usually provide updates on what is going on since they are right there. At this point, there is nothing really to get nervous about because there is not much anyone can do about it. Looks like it is curling a bit north which might just have the storm grazing the area. These things change hour to hour....just keep checking.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

there is nothing to get nervous about,'

in case we would get a storm running into PC we would know about that a day or 2 pior to the come together, if such Day would be your travel Day/Travel weekend just use your cancellation insurance and rebook for the coming weekend, todays policies make such things easy for the traveller, hence some Airlines are in trouble once in a while.

Happy Stormfree Travels

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,769 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

I think Mike....if we here are a wee bit concerned, then those traveling from afar would have good reason to be as well. To come with sunshine attitude might well play into major disappointment over the mid and later days of this week.

When all the indicators put us in the line of fire over the past couple of days (regardless of oscillation up and down), even if it is simply be a cloud formation at present, there is good reason to be aware of the potential for poor weather.

Cheers

PCMike

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

I'm so top arrive on Wed and not it looks looks like most forecast models take the storm directly over the DR. :(

Gardner,Illinios
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

I am not a weather man, but I have been watching storms for years.I wouldn't worry too much about this storm.Maybe rain first 2 days and no glass bottom boat rides, but that should be it.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

I check this regularly when I'm planning a trip to the Caribbean.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,769 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

Chemop...it is one thing to watch the weather...it is another to experience the weather. What makes you think this is going to be a fart in a windstorm for us?

Cheers

PCMike

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

With all the Reports/Tracking coming In on this,I would not take these too lightly to Ignore!!,looks like you have to Baten down the Hatches for a while and keep your heads down on Wed Thru Thurs?

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

Here is some new details:

mogilo.com/pages/tropical-storm-emily-2011-t…

As Mike has stated, this could be a big storm that requires preparation and precaution. I am thinking about those who live there and those on their way. Be safe and I have my fingers crossed that it just ends up being a bad rain day!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,073 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nervous about weather - arriving Tuesday afternoon!!

Still watching and waiting here on the north coast. But filled portable gas cans today as well as fully stocked our bottled water and started up the chain saw. Hope don't need it and if so will not have to get gas for the mowers for the next month and will plenty of water for the next 10 days. Never hurts to be somewhat prepared.

BObK

Edited: 01 August 2011, 18:36