We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Famiy Vacation at Christmas

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
High River, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Famiy Vacation at Christmas

Our family would like to go somewhere at Christmas for one week leaving Dec. 26 or 27th. There would be a total of 9 people- 2 adults, 2 adults and a toddler & 4 year old, and 2 adults and a toddler.

We are on a tight budget- hopefully not greater than $1500/adult. Some of us would travel out of Toronto and some out of Calgary so we need to manage to coordinate the travel dates.

We have been looking at all inclusive resorts. I did look at a few rental properties but the flight costs were very high so I thin we need the flight included in the trip. Are there any that have 3-bedroom cottages/villas and if so would they be cheaper? When should we book to ensure we get a booking but also maximize our money?

We would like a beach for the kids to play in the sand, a family friendly resort, and perhaps some excursion options that are not water activities. Being close to a village or town would be nice.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Famiy Vacation at Christmas

Tough to find many options at Xmas when you have a limited budget - one place i would recommend you look at would be Sirenis - it's a it bit of a longer drive from the airport but is good hotel for the price and family friendly.

Not close to a village or town though - but nothing in PC really is.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Famiy Vacation at Christmas

I agree that is a tough week. It is high season so that bugget is tight. Could you do the week prior to Christmas. I have priced our trip both ways and it was much cheaper to go the week before.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Famiy Vacation at Christmas

Why don't you do your research and narrow it down to a few resorts that are in your price range, and then throw those by us - I think it will be easier for us to respond.

Being close to a village or town in PC is not really possible - PC just isn't set up as such. Rather PC is designed with a ton of mega resorts that are all pretty isolated from any towns or villages to speak of......and so to compensate, these resorts pretty much offer anything and everything that you will need in terms of activities, restaurant options, etc.

4. Re: Famiy Vacation at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 12:18