We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which resort now ?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
murillo
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which resort now ?

ave been to PC 8 yeats now. Dont like to go more than twice to the same resort. Have been to Barcello Bavaro , Palladium ,Bahia . Excellence , and Majestic Elegance.Dont want to go past. Moon Palace . Have looked at IBG but we have to have a jacuzzi tub in middle of the room. Have been looking at Jamaica too but its not doing it. Where to now ?e

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
507 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which resort now ?

Riviera Maya? It has some amazing resorts if you've never been. I'd highly recommend staying on Maroma Beach. El Dorado Maroma or Secrets Maroma are top of the line. If price is an issue, Catalonia Royal Tulum is fantastic.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which resort now ?

been to the Riu in the Mayan , wife won't go to Mexico ? Best food we've had in 10 years in the carrabean .

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
785 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which resort now ?

we are having the same discussion for a trip in May. Looking at maybe Catalonia Royal or Turquesa Royal? Dominican suits our budget best, tried Cuba but not a big fan. Would love to try Jamaica but seems so pricey to just sit your butt in a lounge chair for 2 weeks!! If we do the Dominican we can afford to go 2 weeks in Feb and then 1 week in October.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which resort now ?

Vallarta Palace in Nuevo, Mexico.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which resort now ?

Has a cruise crossed your mind?

We did many which gave us the opportunity to find destinations worth a second visit.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which resort now ?

Were with you dets , actually was looking at Cat Royal last night too.Not much on Puerta Vallarta Bob. Not interested in a carribean cruise gsdsky, yet? We stayed at Turquesa once too.I was just told that west jet isn't going to PC this year? Bummer.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which resort now ?

Like you bomberro - we have never been to the same resort twice but this just may be the year we do. I have narrowed my list down to two resorts and one of them is to return to the ME. And at this point it looks like it may be winning.

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
507 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which resort now ?

If you can swing it, I'd go to Turks & Caicos.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which resort now ?

Have you looked at the Samana Pennisula? Cayo Levantado looks amazing and we booked it for the same price in March 2012 as we paid for the Majestic Colonial this past February! I'm expecting the same wonderful Domincan Republic holiday as the ones in the past, just in a different location!

Princeton Jct., NJ
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which resort now ?

It's a nightmare to try to get to Cayo Levantado from US. No flights. You have to fly to Punta Cana or Santo Domingo and drive lots of HOURS to get there.