We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

hi ! does anyone have any info on when the NEW RIU PALACE is opening? i checked my december 2 week vacay dates dec10-24, on expedia and they are taking reservations,........but........its kinda risky, nothing rarely opens on time, especially DR time, and thats ok, i just dont want to be bumped to the other PALACE. i would rather wait for the shiny, brand new one !!! any help would be appriciated !!! the RIU website said opening winter 2011/2012.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

we are thinking of booking the New Palace for April and from what I am reading The Macao will be closed for reno this winter so does that mean we will be hearing lots of noise and will we have to detor around the macao to access thae rest of the Rius!! Are you hearing anything???

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
177 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

I heard that they want to open in December, but than, .... it's usually later than planed :-)

Sunny greetings

anni

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
252 reviews
3. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

If i've to bet, i would go for Spring 2012 but...

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

Hay,

I had a meeting there last week and was told December 2nd was the opeing date and everything is on schedule...................

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
5. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

Thanks! Got to make a decision soon !

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
435 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

Where on the Riu complex is the new Riu Palace Bavaro being built? We are trying to decide on a resort for our Jan or Feb trip and looking for the first report on this new resort.....but like other people have said this "grand opening" will probably be more like spring.

L~NY

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
384 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

Hi!,

The new Riu Palace Bavaro is being built on the former Riu Taino property! Great location and great stretch of beach!

pappajoe

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

Hi banger1968

Your date 2nd Dec is the first time I have managed to get any info on what date in December the hotel is opening.

Riu are usually pretty good at being open on time.

The Riu Palace Bavaro opening will be a special occasion for Riu as it is 20 years since they built their first Riu outside of Europe.

"RIU Hotels & Resorts will open this December 2011 the Riu Palace Bavaro, an elegant resort in the RIU Punta Cana complex, located directly on the beach of Arena Gorda. The opening of this new hotel coincides with the celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the international presence of RIU Hotels & Resorts. In November 1991, RIU opened its first resort outside of Spain, the hotel Riu Taino. Two decades later, on the same site where this historic hotel was located, the hotel chain opens the new hotel from the luxurious line Riu Palace, which will become the 34th RIU resort in Latin America & the Caribbean."....

Hopefully it will open on the 2nd but I have not seen any official opening day confirmed from Riu yet.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
435 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

pappajoe,

Thanks for the information on where the New Riu Palace Bavaro is being built......I can't wait to see a few pictures.

I have been on the web and they are already selling rooms for this resort in Dec.

I love the Riu's was at one once in Puerta Plata DR a few years back - just beautiful.

L~NY

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
10. Re: NEW riu palace bavaro ----opening when??????

The new Riu hopefully will be ready to be opened in early December. I had walked by the new hotel in May and the buildings were still being built from the ground up.

I'd love to visit as soon as it opens up! The Riu Palace Punta Cana was gorgeous as well.